Hiring/Renting a Car from the Cruise Port in Busselton, Bunbury or Geraldton

GPS

Does anyone have recommendations for companies I can rent from for these western Australian ports for the day? Pick up/drop off near the ship would be needed so I didn't just want to rely on my usual car rental searches.

You can use https://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au/cruise/ to search and compare availability and companies in each destination, then go direct to the car firm's own website to ask them if the car can be collected and left at the cruise port. That would personally be a risk given you would be doing a person free handover so no one to double check any dents or damage etc. Easier to walk or taxi to the nearest office and do a proper handover.

Avis and Hertz both have depots in Busselton as well as a local company. Bunbury is a bigger town and Geraldton is a city, so will have more choices in those. Do a google and contact them re port pick up and drop off and remember we drive on the opposite side of the road over here.

Sailco Bunbury was designated a city in 1979 - so hardly "a town" !! Current population 45,000. Geraldton didn't become a city until 1988 and as at 2017 has a population of 41,000.

I apologise for my totally inappropriate estimates :eek:

We recall Bunburys first big shopping mall being so exciting but forget that's a while ago now. Geraldton of course always feels huge when you approach from the north! And Busselton is a well visited town for us with so many chnages....the marina in particular.

Thanks everyone. I'm still deciding what to do in Geraldton and I ended up just renting in town through Avis since Bunbury will have a shuttle to the CBD and Busselton seems easily walkable from tender to rental agency location. I used my usual search engines and got rates under 65 AUD. We've driven in Oz before, as well as many other countries on the "wrong" side, and hubby actually loves the challenge. But thanks for the reminder ;)