Weight Area on the Ruby Princess

BigJo

Hi everyone. My husband and I will be on the Ruby 1/9/09. I wanted to see how the weight equipment is. I lift weights 4 days a week. I do cardio on the treadmill, but I am more concerned with being able to lift. Is there adequate free weight equipment like squat racks and benches? Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone. My husband and I will be on the Ruby 1/9/09. I wanted to see how the weight equipment is. I lift weights 4 days a week. I do cardio on the treadmill, but I am more concerned with being able to lift. Is there adequate free weight equipment like squat racks and benches? Thank you for your help!

Did you mean you're sailing Jan 2010?

You can probably do a virtual tour on-line, but typically there is a smith machine, several cable machines such as leg ext and lat PD, 2 benches (no BBs) and free weights up to about 50#. It can get pretty crowded in that small area so my advice is go early. I assume there are no BBs due to the motion and safety issues. Our plan is to do a bit of a de-load week and just do high tempo high rep given the lack of weight. It's better than nothing!

There are usually plenty of treadmills (if you can run with a bit of motion!) and ellipticals and spin classes (for a cost).

Enjoy!

Archived