Bicycle rentals at port

I've not had much luck finding out if there are bicycle rentals at the ports I'll be visiting later this month. I've tried on the internet and in the ports of call boards here. I'm hoping one of the more active people on this board might know if there are any bicycle rentals on these islands

Barbados

St Lucia

Antigua

St Martin

St Thomas

I'd also do a customized tour. I like to bike and pretty much all of the tours I've found are coasting downhill while I like a more serious ride where I can get a workout and see the island.

Thank You,

Alan

I've been to all of those islands a number of times and have never noticed bicycle rentals, only motorscooter or car rentals.

I would never consider riding a bike on those islands though! :eek: The roads are bad, very narrow, winding mountain roads that are uneven and full of potholes in many cases, and the drivers are for the most part completely insane! I've seen people who've rented scooters hurt on almost every cruise, I can only imagine what the consequences would be on a bicycle. :(

I'd rent a car on those islands and ride the stationary bikes in the ship's gym - Much much safer :)

• 3 weeks later...

There are always some places that are "ok" riding a bike on the i'lands. You need to talk to someone who has done it before. A Mountain Bike would be the best choice because road bikes would not be able to go fast in many places that do have nasty potholes.

Problem is that cruises tend to draw mostly on the heavier / older "O2 tank in there future" crowd, (Not PC to say but if you've been in any ship buffet line you know it is at least partially true) so there isn't a whole lot of demand to rent them out.

European port cruises on other hand are awesome for bike rentals. (From what I have seen posted) Alaska also has a few that are good including Ketchican. (Lumberjack store rents them)

In any case just inquire locally in any island port and you might find someone who can rent!

Good Luck.

Archived