NCL's Thermal Suites on the Jewel

Can anyone tell me what the Thermal Suites are on NCL's Jewel? I know that they are not co-ed and they charge $15 per day. I called Ncl and they could not give me any info as to what they were. From the floor plan it appears that they have a steam and sauna but something else must be included.

Thanks

Aldo:D

• 1 year later...

I was on the Jewel over Christmas and LOVED the thermal suite. It is split into a men's and women's side. In the women's side there was a locker area, a steam room and dry sauna. I only did the sauna, but it was a decent size with great windows/view. There was also a cold plunge pool and a small hot tub as well as showers and a sitting area at the front of the ship with great views.

The actual thermal suite is coed and has the thalo something pool, a really large hot tub with loungers in it and several wonderful heated tile lounges. It was a very peaceful area and in the morning they'd have fresh orange juice, fruit and tea. It was my favorite place on the ship and a great place to get away from crowds. Go to the spa on embarkment day and you should be able to buy a discount pass for the entire cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Jewel & Pearl have very similar facilities; I believe Gem is different.

If you purchase a thermal suite pass for entire length of your voyage on the Jewel or Pearl, the price per-day is slightly less-expensive than if you purchased the passes each day. Virtually everyone who has discussed the thermal suites on these two ships HIGHLY recommends them and suggests purchasing the voyage-length pass.

I'm considering the Jewel for a cruise this fall, based upon the rave reviews of the spa facilities.

:p

• 4 months later...

The Rainforest Room on board the Disney Wonder is coed with three different aromatherapy steam rooms, two semi-private deluxe showers with body wash, shampoo and cream rinse for cooling off, and four or five heated, tiled loungers. It was never really crowded. And the best - my husband loved it! Buy the cruise-long pass. They also have a Rasul mud treatment where you get a private steamroom to set the mud that you apply to your partner and then wash off in the same room. Wish we would have done that instead of the couple's massage. My hot stone massage was not impressive and the private balcony after the massage for tea had a !cold! hot tub with broken jets. Needless to say we asked for our money back - they gave us free facials instead. :) The Rainforest Room was the high-light of our cruise.

Archived