Excursion waitlist question

gskimmel

This is our first time on Silversea and I have a question about excursion wait lists. Excursion reservations opened today and an excursion we want is already closed and we are waitlisted. Will Silversea expand the number of tours if enough people are waitlisted or should I pursue private option?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Possibly, but if you tell us the specific port and the excursion, we might have a better chance of giving you some better advice. Some excursions are more limited (and therefore, less likely to be expanded) than others.

But in general, private options are usually better, assuming that the excursion you want can be arranged privately. And they are often cheaper as well.

When I sailed on the Wind last March, some small excursions were so popular that they added multiple time options. From the Waitlist, I was notified by email that they had opened new bookings, and that I had automatically been put in one of the new times.

If it is something you are genuinely interested in, stay on the waitlist and they will get back to you. Of course, you can also pursue your own arrangements while you wait :-)