Counting down to the Wind!

RosseauGirl

Just off our favourite SS ship.Captain was the invisible man ,Captain Arma.Cruise Director the wonderful gentleman Colin Brown,and the Hotel Director was newly recruited from Royal Caribbean only three weeks prior to our cruise,Arno Prem,and it showed in certain areas.Otherwise a very enjoyable cruise with heatwave weather which was unexpected for a scenic Norway only itinerary.Hope you both enjoy your upcoming cruises on the Wind.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the same cruise as Brimary and unlike the wonderful Colin Brown I never saw the HD smile or speak to any passenger he looked totally uninterested in everything.

Never saw him acknowledge the excellent crew either...shame not like the late Gianni Dotti days rip my friend!

Brimary;

What showed in certain areas? Can you be more specific? I get on in Stockholm at the end of August, hopeful, but very nervous about the takeover. (The Wind is my favorite too!)

Sorry Cruising Pashmina but I cannot be more specific at this point in time.Dont be nervous you should be excited and looking forward to the beautiful Wind and it’s fabulous crew and delightful itinerary starting in Stockholm.The Maitre d in MDR was superb as was the service and the quality.ENJOY your cruise!

We board on Wednesday. Grateful for the generally positive comments about the ship.

The recent reviews of the Wind on CC are terrible. Issues range from condition of the ship to food to service issues. My guess is that these reviews are posted by first time cruisers on the Wind who are disappointed in expectations set by SS marketing vs the onboard experience of the Wind.

For those sailing on the Wind in the upcoming days, it would be appreciated to hear a balanced view of the highs and lows of the Wind.

For the past couple of years, I have been posting “Live” and I intend to do this on my upcoming back to back.

Sunprince, I always try to be be balanced in my reporting. Sometimes it may not seem that way as I am a veteran SS fan. The Wind was my first SS ship. I love her.

Brimary, I’m absolutely sure that I will have a great time. It has been my experience that most of the poor reviews are from new SS sailors who were oversold on the “unparalleled luxury” all the fancy brochures have promised.

But, no matter how excited I am about the upcoming cruise, I’m unnerved about the RCCL takeover. Reports about the new HD are disquieting to say the least.

For the past couple of years, I have been posting “Live” and I intend to do this on my upcoming back to back.

Sunprince, I always try to be be balanced in my reporting. Sometimes it may not seem that way as I am a veteran SS fan. The Wind was my first SS ship. I love her.

Brimary, I’m absolutely sure that I will have a great time. It has been my experience that most of the poor reviews are from new SS sailors who were oversold on the “unparalleled luxury” all the fancy brochures have promised.

But, no matter how excited I am about the upcoming cruise, I’m unnerved about the RCCL takeover. Reports about the new HD are disquieting to say the least.

Cruising Pashmina....Enjoy to the full and look forward to your reports which are always respected.Your experience of poor reviews are shared by be but then again we both openly love the WIND.

Just off our favourite SS ship.Captain was the invisible man ,Captain Arma.Cruise Director the wonderful gentleman Colin Brown,and the Hotel Director was newly recruited from Royal Caribbean only three weeks prior to our cruise,Arno Prem,and it showed in certain areas.Otherwise a very enjoyable cruise with heatwave weather which was unexpected for a scenic Norway only itinerary.Hope you both enjoy your upcoming cruises on the Wind.

Our first two cruises were on the Wind, both with Captain Arma and Colin Brown, so we are definitely looking forward to seeing them both again. Almost feels like coming home!

Such an interesting thought... we are going to be new SS sailors in January on the Wind. In my mind, I'm expecting a cruise very similar to my 2010 sailing on the Seabourn Legend. SS certainly does sell luxury- are you suggesting that a different experience is to be had? Is my comparison with SB Legend totally off track? I saw a recent thread comparing SS and Crystal... other than the size of some Crystal ships (Serenity for instance) being drastically different than Silver Wind, I anticipated a fairly similar experience in terms of service, quality of dining, etc. Obviously less live entertainment... Please, let me know if I am mistaken!

We were on the same cruise as Brimary and unlike the wonderful Colin Brown I never saw the HD smile or speak to any passenger he looked totally uninterested in everything.

Ditto. Though good the Food and Beverage was not flawless. It would have been re-assuring to have a chance to chat rathr than rely on the 'comments' forms.

A lovely trip blessed by unusually lovely weather - except Bergen.

Tony and Christine

Currently on the Wind and had a fabulous day in Riga. Ship is great, food is great, crew even better. Is it perfect?few things in life are. Silversea cruise #5, having a wonderful time fortunate to be here.