Need help! Never cruised and don’t know how to pick a cabin.

Pandacakes

:):)We want to book a family cruise for next November on the carnival liberty. There’s six of us. Four kids under the age of ten. Any recommendations. Two inside? One nicer and one inside? Which decks? What locations on the ship? I’ll have a 1 year old that will need to nap. I also have a son that has some sensory issues with loud noises. Probably won’t spend a ton of time in the room. Any help would be appreciated I look at the rooms and just have a blank stare I have no idea. I feel like I should book it soon. So trying to get as much info as possible. Thank you!

I suggest you phone Carnival to ask how you CAN be booked. They have rules about children alone in cabins.

You might inquire about connecting cabins with one adult booked in each.

Where each person actually sleeps can be determined by you and your spouse after boarding.

Carnival is a great choice for families with kids. Check out the various clubs for different age groups. Also be aware children must be toilet trained to use the pools.

I suggest you phone Carnival to ask how you CAN be booked. They have rules about children alone in cabins.

You might inquire about connecting cabins with one adult booked in each.

Where each person actually sleeps can be determined by you and your spouse after boarding.

Carnival is a great choice for families with kids. Check out the various clubs for different age groups. Also be aware children must be toilet trained to use the pools.

We were going to book each parent in each room with two kids. The baby is the only one that is not potty trained. We were just trying to figure out which part is the best to book. Thanks for tour help.

What ship and what type of cabin.(interior, ocean view, balcony or suite)?

As a general rule try not to book over or under loud public or crew areas such as nightclubs, pools, under the galley.

Tell a little more about your thinking and I'll look at the deck plans.

I strongly recommend that you use the services of a travel agent. It will cost you nothing and the agent may be able to provide better pricing and some additional perks by making your booking with the agent.

Before making such a contact, do as much research as you have time to do so that you will have more knowledge when discussing your trip with an agent.

Carnival Liberty is a nice vessel with good, pleasant service. If it is still presented during your cruise, the program Towel Animal Theater will be one that your children will enjoy.

What ship and what type of cabin.(interior, ocean view, balcony or suite)?

As a general rule try not to book over or under loud public or crew areas such as nightclubs, pools, under the galley.

Tell a little more about your thinking and I'll look at the deck plans.

Honestly I was thinking interior for this trip. I was looking at the deck plans but then I was unsure where it would be best. Front back higher or lower parts of the ship. Thanks

I strongly recommend that you use the services of a travel agent. It will cost you nothing and the agent may be able to provide better pricing and some additional perks by making your booking with the agent.

Before making such a contact, do as much research as you have time to do so that you will have more knowledge when discussing your trip with an agent.

Carnival Liberty is a nice vessel with good, pleasant service. If it is still presented during your cruise, the program Towel Animal Theater will be one that your children will enjoy.

Thank you we have considered this. The one we looked at just directed us to a website so not a lot of help.

If you start with a balcony it may be hard to book anything else in the future...We started with an inside and worked our way up....even today we do not book a balcony unless it is a super deal. (no kids)

Honestly I was thinking interior for this trip. I was looking at the deck plans but then I was unsure where it would be best. Front back higher or lower parts of the ship. Thanks

On deck 2 any cabins between atrium and midship elevators, or in back of aft elevators.

Interior on deck 6 I would choose the last half of the cabins in front of the midship elevators, or any cabin in back of the aft elevators.

Decks 7, 8, and 9, any interior.

I wouldn't book deck 10 under the fitness center.

Look for the symbol on the deck plans that denotes connecting cabins, then look for the symbol that denotes each will accommodate 3 people.

Midship gets less motion than fore or aft in rough weather. Lower decks get less motion than higher ones.

I will suggest again that you ask Carnival to assign a PVP. They will make it all easy.

I hope your family has a great time.

Thank you we have considered this. The one we looked at just directed us to a website so not a lot of help.

I cannot imagine a travel agent telling you to do this! If it is an online one, please consider an agent in your local community. There are many reputable national agencies who are well qualified to help you. None of which we on CC, rightly, are to recommend.

You may need to do some shopping for a travel agency as well as a cruise.

Please do so. From your original post, I truly do believe that expert help will help your family enjoy a good cruise at the best possible price.

On deck 2 any cabins between atrium and midship elevators, or in back of aft elevators.

Interior on deck 6 I would choose the last half of the cabins in front of the midship elevators, or any cabin in back of the aft elevators.

Decks 7, 8, and 9, any interior.

I wouldn't book deck 10 under the fitness center.

Look for the symbol on the deck plans that denotes connecting cabins, then look for the symbol that denotes each will accommodate 3 people.

Midship gets less motion than fore or aft in rough weather. Lower decks get less motion than higher ones.

I will suggest again that you ask Carnival to assign a PVP. They will make it all easy.

I hope your family has a great time.

Thank you!!

Thank everyone for their help. We booked ocean view connecting rooms midship on deck 2 thanks. Carnival was a big help also. It helped knowing what I preferred.

I am glad that you made a decision and are pleased with it. It's good to know that whomever at Carnival with whom you are working was helpful.

Having natural sunlight in ocean view staterooms is something that I think your family and you will enjoy.