$50 Excursion Credit Promo Terms and Conditions? - Someone please help!!!

dougygreen

I was just on the phone with NCL Excursions and almost lost my mind tying to understand WHAT exactly the difference is between booking online vs the phone number. I simply said I wish to pay the total price as soon as I book and that I imagine a lot of passengers like to have the cost out of the way. That apparently blew the reps mind. It seems the website is the best way to do so, but its like theirs a push for you to book on the phone when its not necessary. You get the $50 credit either way don't you? The T'S & C'S are confusing me:

"For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account." - The exact same process as booking on the phone except online you pay immediately, No?

"Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard." It just said the "discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account" to people who book online, so how is this correct?...

If you book online you do not get the $50 per cabin (not person) credit. You may get it applied to your account when you go to the excursion desk on the ship and stand in line. If you call and book by phone the $50 is applied immediately and you don't pay it and wait for a refund that might not appear.

If you book online you do not get the $50 per cabin (not person) credit. You may get it applied to your account when you go to the excursion desk on the ship and stand in line. If you call and book by phone the $50 is applied immediately and you don't pay it and wait for a refund that might not appear.

This is not the current way that NCL describes the process.

If you have selected the excursion promotion and pay in full when you book online, the $50 Credit is applied when the excursion is completed.

No need to Stand in any lines.

But the website says exactly that they will apply the credit, not that i'll have to wait in line or cross my fingers for the credit/refund? The rep said the difference is that booked on the phone the credit is applied once the excursion is completed and that online its applied the last night. But it doesn't really make a difference either way, right? I just want to pay before hand, don't mind receiving it as OBC, and don't understand why they make it so complicated. It's like they would prefer passengers get bombed with all their onboard spending the last minute so they're less able to keep track of it. Do you really think it will be handled poorly and I should just prepare a copy of the T&C's and wait for the inevitable while trying to enjoy my trip?

They will apply the information, that you have the credit as a perk, to your booking. Then when you are on board and have DONE the shorex the $50 credit will be applied to your folio automatically.

If you pay before boarding you will have OBC to spend or have reimbursed.

If you haven't paid then the logical thing is to leave it in the folio to decrease what you owe,

Shore Excursion credit

The $50 credit is PER CABIN AND PER PORT (not per person) is applied AFTER the Shore Excursion takes place.

You don't get the $50 credit and NOT TAKE the SX

NCL no doubt gets a subsidized break from the SX tour operator - so NCL is not giving away the $$ for a SX not taken.

If payment is done in advance and the SX cancelled the refund will be the actual money paid.

If you don't cancel a booked SX timely there maybe no refund at all and certainly no $50 credits.

Complicated Terms and Conditions - simply take the SX and get the $50 credit - don't take it NO CREDITS !

You can pay for the SXs up front or pay later on board at the time of booking.

Payment is generally required at the time of booking.

OBC is the preferred form of payment - use it all up - especially the non-refundable type - you can use non-refundable

OBC to your hearts content for SXs - no restrictions !

If the SX costs less than the $50 credit there will be NO refund or further credit of the difference.

One person (solo) in the cabin that person gets the full $50 credit

Two persons the amount can be split or all applied to the account of the cabin holder booking the cruise.

Sorry. This is incorrect.

Whether you book online or on the phone or onboard, you will get the $50 credit to you onboard account, per cabin, once you complete the excursion. No action onboard required.

If you pay in full before your cruise, you will end up with a $50 onboard credit to spend. Sometimes all of the credits are applied near the end of the cruise.

Sorry. This is incorrect.

Whether you book online or on the phone or onboard, you will get the $50 credit to you onboard account, per cabin, once you complete the excursion. No action onboard required.

If you pay in full before your cruise, you will end up with a $50 onboard credit to spend. Sometimes all of the credits are applied near the end of the cruise.

So then the last two sentences in the Terms and Conditions are indeed contradictory and confusing, right Bird? It sure seems that way and I recall a recent poster trying to pose the same question but getting no definitive answer. "Whether you book online, onboard, or by phone you get the credit either way." Why does NCL have to make it seem so complicated when its not? I just want to have my excursions paid up front and take advantage of the OBC.

In a nutshell, I want to pay for my excursion in advance and not right before/during our cruise. Booking online accomplishes exactly that, right? No matter how much they make it feel like you're doing something wrong or atypical?

"Whether you book online or on the phone or onboard, you will get the $50 credit to you onboard account, per cabin, once you complete the excursion. No action onboard required.

If you pay in full before your cruise, you will end up with a $50 onboard credit to spend."

What's the difference?

"Whether you book online or on the phone or onboard, you will get the $50 credit to you onboard account, per cabin, once you complete the excursion. No action onboard required.

If you pay in full before your cruise, you will end up with a $50 onboard credit to spend."

What's the difference?

Many people do not want to receive the $50 credits as OBC, they just want the money off upfront. Kinda like the difference between a cash rebate vs in store credit. If you know you’ll use the credit, then it doesn’t matter, but if you don’t know that you’ll use the credit, trying to get cash off makes sense. If you call you can book the excursion and not pay upfront so that when you do pay, you just get money off. Since you don’t care about whether you get cash off or OBC, there’s no harm in booking online or by phone and pre-paying. With your experience on the phone, I would probably just book them online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH likes paying for everything we possibly can well before the cruise - excursions, water, etc. We booked our Baltic excursions online months ago, got our lattitudes discount immediately/automatically taken off, and will get $50 refundable obc per excursion (in our case - $200) "back" in obc, which we will either use on the ship or get back at end of cruise. Also - if you have unused refundable obc you can go down to Guest Services the last night and they will "cash out" your obc then and there - have done that on our last 3 NCL cruises.

The end result may be the same however, we've used the shore excursion credit a few times and always called to book. I couldn't see a reason to pay $100 for something that would be a net cost of $50 then have to wait until the end of the cruise to get a refund. If you know you'll spend most of the OBC they return to you from the shore excursion credit then it might make sense.

I just got of the Pearl on July 15. I called to book my excursions prior to the cruise. The first day of the cruise the full charge for all the excursions appeared on my account and tickets for all excursions booked were in my room. After we took the excursion, usually that night or the next day the $50 credit appeared on my account. However, I will say that we did not get our Latitudes discount applied on shore excursions until I went to the desk and requested it. I spoke to another person on the cruise who said the same about the Latitudes discount, so pay attention to your account. Once they applied the discount, the original full charge was gone and the discounted charge appeared on my account. We also took a post cruise excursion with drop off at the airport and I noticed the $50 credit was already applied the morning of disembarkation.

Edited by Bomax2
Left out a sentence.

I just got of the Pearl on July 15. I called to book my excursions prior to the cruise. The first day of the cruise the full charge for all the excursions appeared on my account and tickets for all excursions booked were in my room. After we took the excursion, usually that night or the next day the $50 credit appeared on my account. However, I will say that we did not get our Latitudes discount applied on shore excursions until I went to the desk and requested it. I spoke to another person on the cruise who said the same about the Latitudes discount, so pay attention to your account. Once they applied the discount, the original full charge was gone and the discounted charge appeared on my account. We also took a post cruise excursion with drop off at the airport and I noticed the $50 credit was already applied the morning of disembarkation.

What does your level have to be to get the discount