14-Day Authentic Alaska - Northbound Cruise Tour

ikesyd

Has anyone taken this cruise tour? What hotels do you stay in and how many people are on the bus? Like the stopover in Homer and would like to do the Danny ferry on arrival night and maybe a trip to Seldovia the next morning before the tour of Alaska Islands & Ocean Visitor Centre.

That would be great - would also like to know if any meals are included - breakfast or dinner?

From my understanding all meals are DIY, I'm not sure if any of the hotels will have continental breakfasts, hopefully hotels will be assigned soon!

I am doing the 14 day Southbound Tour on July 24th. I received the hotel assignments 25 days prior to departure. None of the hotels we are staying at have any continental breakfast. All meals are DIY. I am figuring we will be spending around $400 per person for food. I am actually going to do a live review while on the tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am doing the 14 day Southbound Tour on July 24th. I received the hotel assignments 25 days prior to departure. None of the hotels we are staying at have any continental breakfast. All meals are DIY. I am figuring we will be spending around $400 per person for food. I am actually going to do a live review while on the tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look forward to reading your review. Interested in what NCL commentary?presentations are provided while doing the scenic cruising as our other option for our trip is Princess and I hear they are very good.

We took that trip last summer. Stayed 2 nights in Homer at a best western, which did have breakfast. That was the only meal provided on the land portion. Second day in Homer we did a nature cruise which included a stop in Seldovia.

In terms of the commentary on the ship (this was the SUN). There really was not much. They did have a ranger on board when we got to glacier bay national park. They did some commentary and a presentation. Very good presentation, ranger came on zodiac boarded the ship then left same way.

On the land portion we had a fantastic guide and driver. There's lots of bus time so the guide and driver are critical. Two things we underestimated on this trip, amount of rain in south east Alaska and the amount of bus time. We didn't have great weather, especially the cruise part, but we had a great trip. Alaska is amazing.

I just received my eDocs! We will be staying 2 nights at the Ocean Shores Inn in Homer. 1 night at the Sheraton in Anchorage, 2 nights at the Denali Park Village and 1 night at the Bear Lodge Hotel in Fairbanks.

We have an open day in Homer after visiting the Alaska Islands, Ocean visitor center, and a Homer City tour the first day of the land tour.

We're scheduled to arrive at our hotel in Anchorage at 6:30pm leaving the evening open.

Our first day in Denali we have the evening open starting at 4pm and the second day is jam packed with the visit to the Iditarod kennel visit and Tundra Wilderness Tour (TWT for short).

We are free in Fairbanks starting at 5:30!

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/2018_CruiseTour_Authentic-Alaska-Northbound-Jewel.pdf

Wow that's great information BnWhited just what I wanted to know! What cabin are you doing to be in on the ship? Hopefully you can post an update on your return on how the overall trip went.

Wow that's great information BnWhited just what I wanted to know! What cabin are you doing to be in on the ship? Hopefully you can post an update on your return on how the overall trip went.

We will be in 8026, an inclosed balcony. It was not my choice as my TA booked it without my knowledge, I put it a low (almost minimal) upgrade offer for a mini-suite to try and escape the enclosed balcony, let's hope it gets accepted!