NCL Spirit- Room Assistance Please

Hello,

First off, thanks for your assistance! While we are Gold Members on Disney, this will be our first NCL cruise. We chose this cruise due to the itinerary. Much to my dismay, as a family of 4, we are only able to book inside or ocean view. (I know we can book 2 veranda rooms or suites, but this is not a very economical way to travel for us).

My question- if you had a choice of 10031 or 6535, which room would you book? It appears 6535 is a larger room, but 10031 is very close to the kids area/pool. We will be traveling with 10 year old twin girls. However, we are a very port intensive cruise. (15 days, and 13 countries with only 2 sea days).

Thanks again!

Normally I'd say 10 just so you can zoom back to kids pool area but looking at the one on 6 it looks on the plans as a bigger room. I do see pics of that room and it has two beds on the wall like bunk beds, space, next bed, space, then next bed. I haven't seen a setup like that so I am thinking that room is quite a bit larger than the one on 10.

Internet search not finding me pictures of the one on 10. I do see notes about noise from stairs in either a potential issue.

Spirit is a great ship though.

Hi there. I had the ocean view room directly opposite 6535. I told my room steward that I had really hoped to get 6535 instead due to the size. She told me I should be glad I didn't. Lots of noise/banging from people on the stairs apparently, especially at night. She said it's not a restful location. I have no idea personally but thought you would like to know staff opinions. Hope this helps.

Our son’s family stayed in cabin 6535 and we were across the hall with their 3rd child. The cabin is very large and they didn’t mention any noise.

We were also on a very port intense Mediterranean cruise but the kids did enjoy the pool in the back of the ship. We made time for the pool everyday when we returned to the ship.

Not sure which I would choose. If lots of space is important to you, go for 6535 - it was a great cabin. This cabin was very close to the Blue Lagoon Cafe (deck 7) that we would occasionally go to.

• 2 weeks later...

When are you cruising? Not sure if this is an option for you, but we are staying in cabin 10686. Its at the very end near the kids pool and it is supposedly much larger than your average balcony cabin. It says it accomodates 3-4. Maybe they would let you take that one if it is available?

Hello,

First off, thanks for your assistance! While we are Gold Members on Disney, this will be our first NCL cruise. We chose this cruise due to the itinerary. Much to my dismay, as a family of 4, we are only able to book inside or ocean view. (I know we can book 2 veranda rooms or suites, but this is not a very economical way to travel for us).

My question- if you had a choice of 10031 or 6535, which room would you book? It appears 6535 is a larger room, but 10031 is very close to the kids area/pool. We will be traveling with 10 year old twin girls. However, we are a very port intensive cruise. (15 days, and 13 countries with only 2 sea days).

Thanks again!

Our group of 8 had the sideways cabins on deck 9 and 10. Cabins 10031, 9031, 10531, and 10611 last October. I tried to get one of them again this February but they were all booked. They are bigger than the regular insides and the hallway between the bathroom and closet are wider. Entering the cabin with the beds to the left and the desk and washroom to the right made it feel like a small European hotel room vs a cabin. We had 10031 and it was fine but my friends in 10611 probably had the best location as it was close to splash academy and the back stairs to the buffet. They didn’t have any issues with noise. Deck 10 is really handy as we eat breakfast/brunch in the buffet on port days. Little to no activity in the kids pool area on our 2 Spirit cruises as we sit on the patio area facing the pool and slide.

Edited by lamchops