Spice H2O on Star; any photos?

It’s just a covered area with tables and chairs plus two hot tubs, the bar is inside on the starboard side on the way to the buffet. The annoying thing was that they removed the tables/chairs so you can’t sit out at breakfast, when the buffet is heaving that is not a good move. There are also two round pod-beds, one in both corners, a complete waste of the space imho.

It’s a ‘meeting space’ in the evenings for different groups - Young adults / LGB etc.

It’s also meant to be adults only but kids were frequently running about.

The Spice H20 bar itself is very nice but the area outside could do with more comfortable chairs and tables. High bar style chairs which are not very comfortable to sit in for long. It had a good latin type band in the evenings and we enjoyed the music and watching the salsa dancing :) I too noticed that although it is meant to be for 18+ there were kids running around. Very young children were in the hot tubs around the main pool area - no-one from NCL seemed to be checking or monitoring the situation, so I'm afraid I avoided the hot tubs for the whole cruise

The Spice H20 bar itself is very nice but the area outside could do with more comfortable chairs and tables. High bar style chairs which are not very comfortable to sit in for long. It had a good latin type band in the evenings and we enjoyed the music and watching the salsa dancing :) I too noticed that although it is meant to be for 18+ there were kids running around. Very young children were in the hot tubs around the main pool area - no-one from NCL seemed to be checking or monitoring the situation, so I'm afraid I avoided the hot tubs for the whole cruise

The Star used to have 4 hot tubs by the main pool. 2 were adults only and the other 2 open to all. Are you saying kids were in all 4?

The Star used to have 4 hot tubs by the main pool. 2 were adults only and the other 2 open to all. Are you saying kids were in all 4?

Yes kids - very young around ages 3 and upwards were running around and in the hot tubs with arm bands on:(. Parents and NCL staff did not do anything to prevent it:(:( :(

Wow. Didn't know Spice H2O was added to the Star. Wonder if they'll do it to the Dawn next? Either way, this needs to be re-worked. I know they won't add a water feature but they should have left some parts of it out to the sun so people could have the adult's only sanctuary for sunning during the day. I wonder what the design elements were for this? Hopefully it gets modified at some point. Seems like a lot of wasted space.

hzv5wk - Thank you for the photos! :)

Observations from freshly completed trip:

a) Wasted utilization of prime space

b) Pretty dull area

c) strong smell of pipe smoking

d) kids running around with no enforcement from NCL staff even when nudged

There are only 2 hot tubs- on our cruise, it seems same group of heavily toxicated people occupy it every evening

There are 4 hot tubs around main pool which are mainly occupied by kids and teenagers. (this is summer vacation time)

There is one hot tub on 13th deck front which is under utilized due to the strong winds while sailing but still not kid free.

Star is not a bad ship just below average even for NCL. The common point of conversation between seasoned cruisers towards the end of the cruise was that Star came short unnecessarily in so many aspects. (tendering mess, not controlling unruly kids, food issues, part-time room attendent, constant marketting pitch, insufficient port information - all the issue pretty easy to address)

anyone know the material the floor is in the Spice? Teak, tile, rubber, etc? I organize dance cruises and trips and we are considering the Star because of the itinerary. We have been on the Epic, and several RCI among others. I know the Star is smaller so I'd like to be creative with possible spaces....

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe it is going the Pride of America route - don’t worry about service so much if most cruises are port intensive.
Just FYI, came off the POA in June, and the service was just fine. In fact, thought it was a above average.