What's your experience with using Distinctive Voyages Hotel/Air credit?

jules528

Hi all,

My soon to be husband and I have booked a cruise on the Gem for our honeymoon in September. It's a Distinctive Voyages cruise, and we think the credit will be helpful because it's a one-way cruise (starts in NYC, ends in Canada), so we will HAVE to fly back.

My question is, our cruise ends in a smallish city (Quebec City) but is about two hours away from a major city (Montreal). Looking at flights, it seems like it would be much cheaper to fly out of Montreal, and we may as well play tourist and spend a night there.

Is it possible to use our air and hotel credit from NCL if it's not in the embarkation/disembarkation point? Furthermore, what's your general experience with using the air and hotel credit provided - is it worth it, or is it super restrictive?

Thanks!

I would check pricing for diy and also call Ncl pcc or your ta and get a quote.

No Ncl airfare experience, but I believe it’s $100 pp each way, max $400 credit off of Ncl group airfare rates, not the best rates you find on your own. Ncl owns the tickets and they are restrictive. It may or may not be a deal but no harm checking into.

I have Ncl hotel distinctive voyage hotel booking for Rome. Cash rates for the same hotel booked on my own are about the same as ncl’s Discount rates but the Ncl rate includes transfer to Cruise port so it’s actually a savings and no hassle deal. I can drop the hotel portion of booking up till final payment no penalty. Ymmv on the hotel credit too so best to call and check.

Good luck

There is only one hotel in NYC that NCL works with, so keep that in mind. We rebooked our fall cruise to get the double Latitudes Points and also had the option of doing Distinctive Voyages. It was going to cost over $100 more according to my TA, and when I looked into the benefits it wasn't worth it. We just kept the extra points. That one hotel was still really expensive. I'm not sure about the other end of your cruise, but I would definitely look into it before adding on this benefit. It may be cheaper to find your own hotels.