Engaged on an Alaska Cruise & Looking to return for an Alaskan Honeymoon!

Hey everyone!!

We took a cruise via Holland America from Anchorage, Alaska to Vancouver at the end of June and we LOVED it! Most of all, because we got ENGAGED! My now fiance proposed to me outside, right after breakfast in Glacier Bay and it was beyond dreamy. The staff gave us free Prosecco, and we sat in the hot tub and looked at the mountains and glaciers for hours and then were given free cake and champagne with our dinner! It was a perfect day and really set the tone for the rest of our cruise.

Now that we've finally gotten into wedding planning, we have our hearts set on doing another cruise (leaning toward Alaska but would be open to somewhere new!) for our honeymoon in 2020. We loved how attentive, friendly, and helpful the staff was and it felt like were at an all inclusive resort. Last time, we got an inside cabin as we were barely in the room and were more focused on just exploring the towns and we didn't really do any excursions. Since it would be for our honeymoon, we want to get a balcony or a suite and splurge on some excursions. For those not through the cruise line, we were thinking of putting things like "hike to Meddenhall Glacier - $95" (as the bus tickets there are $45 each) and "Sea Plane Ride in Ketchikan" and things like that as our "registy" as opposed to household gifts we really won't need and would rather have those experiences.

Do any of you have any advice for a cruise honeymoon/ an Alaska-moon? I am all ears to any suggestions! Is Holland America the best cruise line for this type of cruise or would Princess or Celebrity be better? (We loved the ship and that there weren't a million passengers. We never had to wait in line for anything and the pools/hot tubs were never crowded.) We were briefly considering somewhere tropical but our honeymoon would be in August/September and that is hurricane season in the tropics and we live on Cape Cod so we have plenty of beach. We also thought returning to Alaska would bring things full circle :)

As I mentioned, I am open to any advice or suggestions and would love to hear about your experience if you honeymooned on a cruise!!