Elliot Article about taking young children on a Royal Caribbean cruise

The only point that I can understand why she felt disappointed was when she found out her toddler couldn't go in the pools. I swim at the Y and there are almost always babies/toddlers in swim diapers around.I'm sure they pass all the public health requirements . All of the public pools that I can think of allow that, so maybe that's why she didn't look for different regulations. As for the 6 yr not being interested in the kids club, it happens. As for the 3 yr old, he is not ready to be left in a play group yet for whatever reason. How is that the fault of RCCL?

True, the public pools and private clubs in our area all allow swim diapers, our city pool even sells them!😂. I would never have thought to check policy before going on a cruise.

Sherri:)

When my youngest was 4, he hit another child his first night in AO. They had us come get him, but the next day they allowed him back with the clear understanding of he did it again he'd have to leave and not come back. We've also never had an issue understanding the staff and neither have the kids.

Even though our kids spend a lot of time at AO, it's still much more work vacationing with them than without.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Although we have no children, we decided to take our niece and her 3 year old daughter on the "Harmony of the Seas" last May. I will have to admit that we did a lot of research and pre-cruise planning before hand. I feel that the "mother" who had the issue with RCCL is way out of line blaming the cruise line. If I recall correctly, she had previously done some type land vacation in a rental property. She also stated that she had to cook, clean, and make beds for the entire vacation and was exhausted. Well, I wasn't on her specific cruise with her and her family. But, I am pretty sure she didn't have to cook, clean or make up everyone's beds while she was "relaxing". All in all, she got what she paid for....... A cruise vacation. Maybe a little pre-planning next time and she might not be so surprised when her children don't get to run the ship (my words, not hers).

We took our youngest on his first cruise, to Alaska, when he was 7 months old. I did a ton of research and knew exactly what to expect before we went. He will be going on his second cruise this January at 2 years old and once again I researched and know what to expect. Each ship and each age group is different, so you need to make sure you're prepared.

I LOVE to travel with my whole family. Yes, things are different when you have kids with you and he will probably never have memories of these trips, but I will. I will always have these memories to look back on. As we all know time goes by way to fast. She was completely wrong in blaming the cruise line. Things may have not gone the way she planned, but goodness, you are on a cruise with the people you love!! What is there to complain about??