Dog on ship, continued

Older guy with dog in wheeled carrier? Guy took dog on behind the scenes tour of theater. Seen them on Anthem twice.

He carries the dog around in a canvas tote bag over his shoulder. (at least when I have seen them. Yes, older man)

Nobody said anything?

If someone saw it and didn't say anything then they are complicit in allowing this behavior to continue.

Won't stop until guests complain.

IF and I do mean IF this actually happened, and the guest was AWARE that it happened, I would have simply said "Excuse me, do you need help cleaning this up?" If that did not get their attention, I would have simply acted like an adult, asked guest services for a paper towel, and helped dispose of it, because I would not want anyone to accidentally step in it, and spread it around.

Just because some seem to find it hard to adult, (person not picking up after their dog) does not mean it has to rub off on me.

• Like 1

An "emotional support dog" pooped yesterday at Guest Services. Emotionally dependent owner just walked away.

I would have been tempted to call him back over to clean it up. The crew have enough work to do without needing to clean up dog poop.

For a few years now-- I've been throwing in my 2 cents worth on threads like this.........I want you ALL to know----- I need to travel with my comfort Boa Constrictor and large box of scorpions. I hope no one objects.

• Haha 2

For a few years now-- I've been throwing in my 2 cents worth on threads like this.........I want you ALL to know----- I need to travel with my comfort Boa Constrictor and large box of scorpions. I hope no one objects.

I have no issues with you cruising on carnival......

• Like 1

An "emotional support dog" pooped yesterday at Guest Services. Emotionally dependent owner just walked away.

I wish there was a pic of this. Maybe that would get Royal Caribbean's attention.

Is that area carpeted? Poop on carpet is nasty.

Edited by soremekun

We had that happen quite often on the Grandeur, by some man. He was eventually kicked off the ship and maybe even the cruise line. Maybe he’s back again. The one I’m talking about, mainly sailed on the Grandeur and Explorer, while it was in NJ. I heard they are getting tougher on the requirements of comfort animals. Does anyone know if they charge extra for bringing on a service or comfort animal?

Gwen [emoji3]

We had that happen quite often on the Grandeur, by the some man. He was eventually kicked off the ship and maybe even the cruise line. Maybe he’s back again. The one I’m talking about, mainly sailed on the Grandeur and Explorer, while it was in NJ. I heard they are getting tougher on the requirements of comfort animals. Does anyone know if the charge extra for bringing on a service or comfort animal?

Gwen [emoji3]

It is illegal to charge for a service animal, anymore than a wheelchair or walker. "Comfort" animals are not protected in any way, and are not guaranteed access. "Emotional Support" animals are not protected or guaranteed access either, they are only allowed access to housing under the FHA, and to airlines under the ACAA.

• Thanks 1

]IF and I do mean IF this actually happened[/b]' date=' and the guest was AWARE that it happened, I would have simply said "Excuse me, do you need help cleaning this up?" If that did not get their attention, I would have simply acted like an adult, asked guest services for a paper towel, and helped dispose of it, because I would not want anyone to accidentally step in it, and spread it around.

Just because some seem to find it hard to adult, (person not picking up after their dog) does not mean it has to rub off on me.[/quote']

Mike, your selfless act is a truly honourable but it is not your responsibility. If the owner takes off the most you should do is stand guard, so none steps in it, until ship’s crew arrive to clean it up.

If the owner or you, did clean it up with paper towel that area of carpet or tile would still need to be cleaned properly. A chemical product would be used to kill any matter that needs to be eradicated, as the residue still remains. It can be picked up by peoples shoes, bare feet (obviously depending on the location), evening gowns, kids dragged blankets or anything else that comes in contact with the infected spot. The crew would treat the dog poo the same as any other biohazard, no different than vomit etc.

The whole thing is just messy and the owner of the dog should have taken it to the relief station well before going to guest services.

Older guy with dog in wheeled carrier? Guy took dog on behind the scenes tour of theater. Seen them on Anthem twice.

This sounds exactly like the guy on Anthem 1/19 sailing. His dog pooped on the carpet in a very public area. I didn't stick around to see what happened next, a worker was walking up to him as it happened so I assume it got picked up by the guy or the worker. No doubt some small child was rolling around there not long after.

I love dogs but wow if you are going to bring your dog in public spaces it had better be really well trained.

I also saw a little girl freak out when he rolled by, clearly a big fear of dogs which isn't that unusual.

Wonder how he would like it if someone went and took a dump in his cabin floor. Being how cruise ships are not exactly the community park with areas for dogs to "exercise", this type of problem is no doubt going to occur. At least bend over and clean it up. In fact, I thought part of the "therapy" part of having an animal was the mutually caring relationship between pet and owner. So, Mr. Emotional Support, please care for your animal as part of your therapy. You'll feel better and so will those around you.