Voom on Enchantment

Old geosync satellite. Same speed as Oasis if you are the only one using it. However, it slows down much more than Oasis when the load increases.
Thanks Bob -- that's what I thought. Was there an area on the ship where the signal was better?

I found it fairly slow, and spotty in some areas. Definitely not solid enough to do much work, mostly just checking email and social media.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Could you respond to email in a reasonable amount of time? That's mostly what I do although I check some websites for news.

Could you respond to email in a reasonable amount of time? That's mostly what I do although I check some websites for news.
Yes. I definitely could respond to emails within a few hours, and DL small files no problem.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Just left EOS last week. Internet seemed spotty in some public areas (Centrum) but was pretty decent in our aft cabin. I was able to VOIP call with with the basic Voom package from our cabin.

There were a couple of times the connection was interrupted, but outages were short lived.

I haven't cruised in 4-5 years, so the internet for me on EOS last month was a major upgrade. I was able to FaceTime, watch videos (some slower load times), and reply to emails when needed. I was using a new I-Phone 8+ with the newest operating system. That's all I'd ever want to do when I'm on a cruise ship anyways!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...