Tendering with Princess

sanspike

Has anyone here been able to tender using a non electric wheelchair. I am use to RCCL, where I've always been able to tender but heard that Princess is not so accommodating I am booked but thinking about canceling. I don't want to be stuck on the ship when I would really like to get off. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Princess requires that you be able to walk on-board the tender under your own power. If you can do that, you can carry on a folding manual wheelchair (crew will not carry it on for you). Otherwise, they no longer will lift you in your manual wheelchair on/off the tender.

The prohibition against tendering while in a wheelchair has also been our experience with Princess now for several years. The only possible exception is at Princess Cay where there have been one or two reports recently of a special tender on which wheelchairs can roll on used.

But not being to tender has caused us not to book certain itineraries with Princess. We had cruised Princess quite extensively before this policy was put in place. But now we cruise those itineraries with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.

Just be certain to check which ports are listed as tender ports and whether your really want to go ashore at those ports before you make your decision as to whether you want to keep the cruise. Also, be warned that sometimes a port may not be listed as a tender port but may become a tender port. Princess will not give any compensation for the refusal to be allowed to tender, even when the chance occurs on the cruise itself. They also will continue to charge that port charges.