A Few Observations on Diamond Lounge-Adventure of the Seas

We just returned from a great family cruise on Adventure of the Seas out of Port Liberty. We are Diamond + (yeah) and have been on quite a few RCCL ships, but this was our first time on this ship from this port. The Diamond Lounge is small for a ship this size. I was told there were 315 D, D+, and Pinnacle on this cruise. ALL of them were "assigned" to the same lounge. Meanwhile, the nearby "suites" lounge was larger and half empty most of the time.

I also saw quite a few "families" being brought into the lounge, making it even more crowded. The notice in the room clearly states this is not to be done, but it would appear many people chose to ignore the "rules". The concierge in the lounge seemed to be reluctant to question anyone. Some families came directly from the pool with their swimsuit cover-ups over bathing suits.

Many people, like us, took their drinks into the Viking Crown Lounge, which worked out well. I think the end of the Diamond Lounges is fast approaching. We are going to have the 3 drinks loaded on our card and will use them where we wish. And the bringing of families into the lounge will probably hasten the lounges' demise.

... ALL of them were "assigned" to the same lounge. Meanwhile, the nearby "suites" lounge was larger and half empty most of the time. ...

Are you saying that Pinnacle level members could not use the Suite Lounge?

The Diamond Lounge sits about 40 people inside. The veranda is closed since they put the counter for the rock climbing wall outside after the drydock.

A lot of folks do use the VC after getting their drinks and appetizers inside the lounge.

The Suites Lounge does allow Pinnacles and they have use of the outside veranda where new furniture has been placed including bar stools, a 4 top high table, plus loveseats and chairs.

The Diamond Lounge sits about 40 people inside. The veranda is closed since they put the counter for the rock climbing wall outside after the drydock.

A lot of folks do use the VC after getting their drinks and appetizers inside the lounge.

The Suites Lounge does allow Pinnacles and they have use of the outside veranda where new furniture has been placed including bar stools, a 4 top high table, plus loveseats and chairs.

They no longer have the outside seating area in Adventure's DL? That stinks.

They no longer have the outside seating area in Adventure's DL? That stinks.
Personally, I was never a fan. To hot and windy. Plus, it's a smoking area on some ships. Radiance class, I think

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I also saw quite a few "families" being brought into the lounge, making it even more crowded. The notice in the room clearly states this is not to be done....

Understood, but my first thought is that (at least SOME of) the family members may indeed be Diamond. Both our children are D like us, and we have absolutely seen children in the DL who were very young, but could well have also been Diamond C&A members.

But I do hear you; a crowded lounge is not my idea of a fun time.:(

Careful about complaining about "families" OP ..... We're all D+ including our toddler grandchildren ...and with their status they can certainly be in the lounge. ;)

Careful about complaining about "families" OP ..... We're all D+ including our toddler grandchildren ...and with their status they can certainly be in the lounge. ;)

Rather than shut down the Diamond Lounge, Royal should consider changing THAT perk — every generation becomes Diamond, Diamond +, or Pinnacle. No wonder it is becoming “unsustainable” for Royal. Maybe I’ve misunderstood. Are your children and grandchildren D+ only when traveling with you? Are my adult daughter and her children automatically lifetime D members, even though they’ve never stepped foot on a Royal ship? That makes no sense. (And now I’m going away for awhile to avoid the nasty onslaught headed my way, lol).

Rather than shut down the Diamond Lounge, Royal should consider changing THAT perk — every generation becomes Diamond, Diamond +, or Pinnacle. No wonder it is becoming “unsustainable” for Royal. Maybe I’ve misunderstood. Are your children and grandchildren D+ only when traveling with you? Are my adult daughter and her children automatically lifetime D members, even though they’ve never stepped foot on a Royal ship? That makes no sense. (And now I’m going away for awhile to avoid the nasty onslaught headed my way, lol).

Try not to let things get to you.

Last year while cruising I meet a woman in the Diamond Lounge. She told me that she likes to start something on Cruise Critic. that she knows people will get upset about then just sit back and watch the shi storm.

I have nothing nasty to say..just what applies to us personally. :D

Yes, my adult children are D+ on their own and even though my young grandchildren inherited the D+ status from their parents....they are well on their way (very close) to reaching the status themselves.

BTW: I recognize your CC name and believe you're on one of our upcoming cruises. But don't worry it's just the two of us on this particular itinerary...extended family won't be sailing with us this cruise...so we won't take up much space in the lounge.

Edited by Ashland

Are your children and grandchildren D+ only when traveling with you? Are my adult daughter and her children automatically lifetime D members, even though they’ve never stepped foot on a Royal ship?

No. No, only anyone under 18 linked to a parent with status.

How can you tell if people (families) coming in lounge are allowed to be in there or not, and what did the Concierge indicate to you as to why they were not willing to enforce anything? Just seems odd. I always assumed anyone with a key card to get in was allowed to be there, if someone snuck in, it was impossible for me to know. Any while I have seen plenty of concierge's who do not mingle and / or are glued to a computer doing admin work, I have not encountered one unwilling to actually do their job. Sounds odd to me.

Bob, aren't you on Adventure now, or just off of her? Are or were you able to use the lounge?

We are on Adventure and they are allowing Pinnacle members to use the Suite Lounge.