Warning--Suite Deck on Harmony NOT Disabled Accessible

Just a word of warning for those booking suites on Harmony of the Seas, the Suite Deck (sun deck with whirlpool, sun beds, bar, etc.) is not disabled accessible. It requires climbing a large flight of outdoor stairs. There are no provisions for those who cannot climb stairs to use this suite amenity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sure there isn't access via a crew elevator? I know I remember reading there is access, but you just have to have someone let you in. Someone else had posted they were uncomfortable asking for access.

I also remember another thread with the above info in it.

Just a word of warning for those booking suites on Harmony of the Seas, the Suite Deck (sun deck with whirlpool, sun beds, bar, etc.) is not disabled accessible. It requires climbing a large flight of outdoor stairs. There are no provisions for those who cannot climb stairs to use this suite amenity.

Neither are any of the two story suites except the one Crown Loft Suite on Oasis Class!

I also remember another thread with the above info in it.

I tried to find the thread but haven't yet. I am pretty sure Merion Mom responded on the thread with information. Don't ask me why I remember stuff like that and not the location of our missing safe deposit box key:eek::o:D

Where the toilets are situated on the sun deck there is a crew door. I am sure there is a crew elevator beyond that.

We spent many hours on the sun deck on Harmony, it is a lovely place to relax, sorry you weren’t able to appreciate it. Did you ask if there was an elevator available?

Edited by heatherb1958

We spent time at Guest Services & spoke with a supervisor and were told "sorry." We were finally told that we could set up a meeting with the Director of Guest Services so he could explain why there is not access, but that's all that can be done. We even asked about a crew elevator and we're told that cannot be used for a guest.

My father can do very little because of his physical challenges (he's 77 & because of steadily declining health he must use a scooter onboard and cannot navigate stairs). He & my mom planned to spend time up there relaxing.

Thank you to those who mentioned a previous guests' experience--I will search for the thread.

I tried to find the thread but haven't yet. I am pretty sure Merion Mom responded on the thread with information. Don't ask me why I remember stuff like that and not the location of our missing safe deposit box key:eek::o:D

I couldn't find it either. Hope you can find your key:)

We spent time at Guest Services & spoke with a supervisor and were told "sorry." We were finally told that we could set up a meeting with the Director of Guest Services so he could explain why there is not access, but that's all that can be done. We even asked about a crew elevator and we're told that cannot be used for a guest.

My father can do very little because of his physical challenges (he's 77 & because of steadily declining health he must use a scooter onboard and cannot navigate stairs). He & my mom planned to spend time up there relaxing.

Thank you to those who mentioned a previous guests' experience--I will search for the thread.

We were walking on Deck 16 and ran into GS manager. He told us we CV would use elevator, no problem. This was Oasis

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk