Duty free at Singapore cruise terminal?

lorri111

Yes both Marina Bay and Harbor Front Cruise Terminals have duty free alcohol available. As does the Singapore Airport with a very large selection. I know the price of Smirnoff Blue Label 100 proof Vodka 1 liter size and the cost is about SGD $25.00 dollars. (July 2018) But if you do purchase anything (not wine) must cruise lines will hold & return at the end of your cruise.

Thanks for that. We are just after the two bottles of bubbly we are allowed to take onboard with Princess per couple so not after spirits. I know we can pick it up at Changi but will certainly be more convenient to get at cruise terminal as we are going direct there from Changi and we wouldn't have to lug it with us.

Although I agree I don't see duty free on the MBCC map, a press release from their 5th anniversary (May 2017) states they do have duty free concessions....I have no idea the specifics. We sailed from Harbor Front and there is a duty free shop there. And a grocery store where we spent our last SGD ;-)

http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/Marina%20Bay%20Cruise%20Centre%20Singapore%20celebrates%20fifth%20anniversary_final.ashx?App=Announcement&FileID=455455

Yes I had sailed from Habour Front a few times with Star Cruise and am aware of the Duty Free shopping there. Since then we been sailing from MBCC and never seen any otherwise I would have got all my beer/liquor/wine entitlement purchase from Duty Free Shop on my disembarkation at MBCC. Recently sailed out in March, no DFS too and will be at MBCC again in October. Keeping fingers crossed. :)

Is MBCC different spot to Harbour Front? Where exactly does Sapphire Princess sail from, anyone know?

Yes they are entirely different cruise terminals. Most of the larger ships will depart from Marina Bay including Sapphire Princess.

Harbourfront is still used for smaller P&O and Azamarra vessels as well as less well known Asian lines.

Yes they are entirely different cruise terminals. Most of the larger ships will depart from Marina Bay including Sapphire Princess.

Harbourfront is still used for smaller P&O and Azamarra vessels as well as less well known Asian lines.

Thanks for the clarification

Is MBCC different spot to Harbour Front? Where exactly does Sapphire Princess sail from, anyone know?

Most of the Princess Cruises are from Marina Bay but they can and have been from Harbor Front. Even if Princess tells you one they can later change it, I just had a Princess Cruise change terminals within 50 days of sailing. It really depends upon what ships are in port and using the terminals at that time. It can be change last minute, if ship is delayed leaving, if Princess is late getting back. You should be prepared for both terminals.

• 5 weeks later...

I understand there IS a duty free at marina cruise terminal - I know I can buy at Changi but would rather not haul it around with me enroute to cruise and there is no website for shop - does anyone know if can buy cheapish bubbly at cruise terminal?

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2018 at 11:37 PM, Expat Cruise said:

Yes both Marina Bay and Harbor Front Cruise Terminals have duty free alcohol available. As does the Singapore Airport with a very large selection. I know the price of Smirnoff Blue Label 100 proof Vodka 1 liter size and the cost is about SGD $25.00 dollars. (July 2018) But if you do purchase anything (not wine) must cruise lines will hold & return at the end of your cruise.

That is so weird, I did read online that the Marina Bay Cruise Centre DOES NOT have a duty free only the International Passenger Terminal has one.  Have things changed and they now have one at the Marina Bay termianl?

Thanks.

Marlster

2 hours ago, Marlster said:

That is so weird, I did read online that the Marina Bay Cruise Centre DOES NOT have a duty free only the International Passenger Terminal has one.  Have things changed and they now have one at the Marina Bay termianl?

Thanks.

Marlster

I'm back in less than a week from now leaving from Marina Bay I will check again. But as far as I re,member they do not have one.

34 minutes ago, Expat Cruise said:

I'm back in less than a week from now leaving from Marina Bay I will check again. But as far as I re,member they do not have one.

Great please let me know, thanks.

Marlster

• 2 weeks later...