Alamo at Port Canaveral

sandancer

Can anyone say how the rental car arrangements are for picking up a hire car from Port Canaveral. We have a car from Alamo and the paperwork just gives an address for the rental office. Do they pick up from the port or do we need to take a taxi. We are from the UK and are not familiar with this port never having arrived there before from a Transatlantic. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can anyone say how the rental car arrangements are for picking up a hire car from Port Canaveral. We have a car from Alamo and the paperwork just gives an address for the rental office. Do they pick up from the port or do we need to take a taxi. We are from the UK and are not familiar with this port never having arrived there before from a Transatlantic. Thanks

There is a free shuttle that picks you up at the cruise terminal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, sorry to resurrect this thread.

We are flying into Orlando, renting a car and dropping it off at Port Canaveral. When we drop it off will the port shuttle take us to the RCCL cruise port, with all our luggage, or should I drop off my OH with the luggage then return the car? Also is it far from the car hire place to where you pick up the shuttle.

Like the OP I am British and not quite sure how things are done.

You can read a complete description of the process including the Orlando Airport pickup here:

http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/car-rental/

Go here for instructions about dropping at the terminal should you decide to do that first:

http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/parking/

At Canaveral you are very close to the terminal but perhaps too far to walk with heavy luggage. I suggest you just drop the car together and ride the short shuttle. If there are several of you with plenty of luggage then it is generally more convenient to drop passengers first.

Enterprise-National-Alamo2.jpg