Fury catamaran

killarneylady

Taking a short Celebrity cruise and noticed that they are offering Fury Catamaran trip as an excursion. They also have website where you can book independently for cheaper. What’s the difference? Any advantage to booking with cruise line?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Advantage of the cruise line excursion is if something happens the cruise line will do everything it can to get you back to the ship before it leaves. In Key West, I've personally never worried about an independent snorkel or parasail or other short excusion not making it back to the dock in time.

Advantage of booking directly is that, as you already said it's cheaper, and also depending on what you are looking for, there may be more time options available. I booked parasailing directly once upon a time and the cruiseline only gave me a couple time choices where direct with Fury, I could pick nearly any hour of the day

IN KW, there is really not a big risk....You're already in the USA...if you were to miss the ship, not as big of a deal as if you were in a foreign country! Rarely do you need a ship's excursion tho....private tour guides would be OUT OF BUSINESS if their customers missed the ship. No worries!

• Like 1

Missing the ship, even in Key West, could be a big deal. All your possessions remain on the ship, possibly even your passport and valuables you brought. If you want to retrieve your things at the home port, you must make your way back to that port which means booking a flight or bus or renting a car.

If the ship is not returning to home port next, but instead heading to, say, Cozumel, Grand Cayman or other ports, you must get to those ports at your own expense or just lose out on the rest of your cruise.

I mean the inconvenience and expense of missing the ship even in Key West is substantial enough that I would never say, "No worries."