P&O Pacific Eden Review 4 Mar 16 – Photo Review with Menus & Daily’s

On our Easter cruise there were loads of people at Bianco but anything White is fine... Shirt, hat, dress whatever it does not have to 100% all white. Gatsby we didn't get to as we were eating at Salt, but prior to dinner loads of boas and outfits around. When we left salt there were feathers everywhere on the floor from boas.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for such a detailed review! I am shocking i do notlike too many surprises & like to plan plan plan trips so having all this inside view to how things are was the highlight of my day when i came accross it!

Can i ask with the White & Gatsby parties did everyone make a real effort? I have the gatsby costime sorted for our cruise in a few weeks but i dont wear white at all..... can you still attend if not in all white?

:)

Hi there, apologies for the late reply as I have been off cruise critic for a bit.

For the white night, there didn't seem to be an overwhelming number of passengers in white unless you went to the White Party deck party. Even then, I would estimate there would have only been 100 - 150 passengers at most.

For the Gatsby party, there were some passengers dressed (there was a great Gatsby photo backdrop or two!), but not too many passengers seemed to be dressed up. Mainly people had the headbands and feather boas.

Thanks lucky , great review, I have just booked an 11 nighter on The Eden . Our last cruise was on The Solstice in November doing the Pacific Islands ( think you may have been on that cruise too) and we were soooo spoilt Awesome ship fantastic that everything was included , free cuppachino and cake every morning , free cocktails, .... And that food/ buffet section at the top was amazing so light and clean and every food you could want (ok rave over) . Didn't think we woukd go back to P&O ..but we were shutting off eyes to any more cruises this year as the budget was tight ..when I took a sneaky glance at a cruise sight and found the Eden leaving from Cairns ( meaning no airfares for us ) 11 nights ocean view to the islands $780 each ... Impossible to say No , right? .

So find ourselves going on The Eden it will be a new experience for us as we are on Deck 6 which is The Promenade , never had people walking past our window before 😱 we are in one of the Very Aft cabins at the back deck .

Think it will be a case of reminding ourselves we are sailing for at least half of what it would cost on The solstice so no whinging about food or paying for our coffee.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The photos of the meals you took were informative; although you were not over joyed by the quality of some, I can assure you, judging by the photos, the meals appear to be a LOT better than the ones we endured on an English ship earlier this year. 26 days on a cruise ship and not one kilo put on!!

• 3 months later...
thank you so much for your very detailed review.We have cruised with RC twice but have booked a 4 night cruise with P&O in January. I knew there would be a difference but feel much better prepared. thanks again

You're very welcome, glad it helped. I would definitely do a short cruise again for P&O as it was great to have a mini getaway, however I prefer the activities and dining on RCI and Celebrity for the longer cruises.

Thanks Lucky this was a great review of PO, I have read so many mixed reports, but yours has been the most constructive, you have been honest and fair, explaining why you comment as you have. I may even take a short cruise to give PO a try, but like you am a foody and really lets be honest food us a big part of a cruise. Once again thanks for such a honest and subjective review, and love the photos.

thanks for a great review, found it very informative,

we are off in a couple weeks for our first cruise in the Eden and being a RC & Princess lover we are curious to see what it will be like ( the new pantry and specialty restaurants).

I agree that food makes up a big part of a cruise and for us we both enjoy trying the different places,

Leah

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent Review. A picture says 1000 words. It explained things that official websites did not or was confusing when written on official reviews. It's good to know that the Kettle & Bun will be open 11:30-21:30 on port days. This helps as we have a trip scheduled later this year. The Pantry will be interesting as many reviews varied.