Flying from USA East Coast to Nairobi===Qatar Airways or Turkish Airlines best price

4774Papa

Qatar Airways or Turkish Airlines best price

We have never flown on either airlines. Prices for either of these airlines is $500 pp less than flying Delta/KLM, which is our preferred choice.

If you have flown on these airlines, do you have any comments?

I know that most of the other Gulf States have a beef with Qatar over sporting terrorism. I have been to the UAE and it was nice. I know the USA has a military base in Qatar.

Qatar Airways or Turkish Airlines best price

We have never flown on either airlines. Prices for either of these airlines is $500 pp less than flying Delta/KLM, which is our preferred choice.

If you have flown on these airlines, do you have any comments?

I know that most of the other Gulf States have a beef with Qatar over sporting terrorism. I have been to the UAE and it was nice. I know the USA has a military base in Qatar.

I live in the UAE and have flown with both, although not longhaul with Turkish Airlines. Qatar Airways are very good, very similar standard to Etihad or Emirates and with their home terminal in Doha transit to ongoing flights is easy. Unfortunately, with the current travel embargo that route is currently not available to those of us based in the UAE but they were a very popular choice prior to that with many residents travelling between here and our home countries...

Anne...

I flew back to the UK from Abu Dhabi on Qatar via Doha after a repositioning Suez Cruise in late 2016 (when that option was still available, of course). I would have no hesitation in choosing them over Turkish, who I have flown several times to Eastern Europe and Central Asia, usually in preference to budget or local options.

Ataturk airport in Istanbul struggles to cope with Turkish aspirations to be a global carrier and changing there can be a zoo. You don’t say when you are travelling, but I understand the new Istanbul airport is scheduled to open later this year. That may be better, but all things being equal, Qatar over Turkish for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Where are you going?? What class of service

Like Qatar. Turkish is OK. Nice thing about Turkish is a free stopover in Istanbul.

Qatar excels in the Business product.

We are flying from JAX, Florida to Nairobi, Kenya for a safari.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We are flying from JAX, Florida to Nairobi, Kenya for a safari.

4774papa

We are thinking of doing something like your trip, our daughter lives in Amilia Island, so we would be driving down from Toronto Canada ( which we do every year to stay in Destin) and flying out of JAX, We want to do a safari not too sure which one, and a cruise, I'll keep my eye open on this form, hope you have a good time, My email is carol.skip@yahoo.ca.

Thanks any info would be great.

Carol