Honolulu dining recommendations ?

Betsypaige

Aloha again !

So, I'll be in Honolulu next June, and now I'd like to think about planning the most delicious part of any vacation: restaurants. I will do my own research because I always do, but I thought I'd get a kick start by asking my friends here for recommendations they have.

I'm a solo diner - but I don't need to sit at bars as I'm perfectly comfortable dining solo. I'm interested in enjoying what Hawaii does best (so, local cuisine, seafood, etc..), but I'm open to anything. The only thing I doubt I would go out of my way for would be Italian (I get plenty of that in NY, and pasta is a staple in my life). French? Yes - not Italian, although I will keep an open mind because I don't know that I'd want to eat the same kind of food all the time (4 days before cruise, 3 nights after).

I've heard good things about MW Restaurant...........thoughts?

I like Leanne Wong as a personality; is Koko Head good - especially for lunch/brunch?

I’ve heard good things about Duke’s, so that will likely be on my list.

Thank you!

Check out "House Without a Key" - in the Halekulani Hotel, right on the water. It's a gorgeous setting, great for pupus with the evening music performance, or a whole meal in a casual but elegant setting (even heated toilet seats in the rest room when we were there!).

Check out "House Without a Key" - in the Halekulani Hotel, right on the water. It's a gorgeous setting, great for pupus with the evening music performance, or a whole meal in a casual but elegant setting (even heated toilet seats in the rest room when we were there!).

Ooh, that sounds wonderful - and the menu looks like it has plenty of options for me. I’ve heard so many good things about this place - ok, I’m putting this on my list.

Thank you so much !

Check out the Surf Lanai at the Royal Hawaiian...have eaten there both times we went to Hawaii. Beachside restaurant...gorgeous setting and great food.

I just checked out the lunch menu - sounds good, and add that to the beach location, it sounds perfect. Thank you !!

Betsy...are you only going to be on Oahu? Just wondered, since the other islands are worth some time also. If I'd ever go back, I don't think I'd do another organized tour. Our first time there was really neat in that the tours still went to Molokai.

I’m going on a POA cruise, but pre and post cruise, I will be spending time in Oahu (primarily Honolulu, but I plan on taking a private tour of the North Shore, and going to Kualoa Ranch).....