Getting to Disneyland from Princess Cruise Port

Hi there,

just wondering if anyone has headed to Disneyland after a cruise and can give me an idea of how long it takes, what option they went with etc. Looks like husband and I are going to book a short 4 day cruise from Vancouver to LA on Princess in October, and I'm thinking we should do one crazy Disney day before we fly home. This is a trip without our kids so just would do one day.

Thanks so much!

A couple of years ago we visited San Pedro as a port/day stop and decided to visit Disneyland. I googled Car Services for Disneyland and found a company called "Affordable Car Service" (Or something like that). They charged us $170 USD for transport from the ship, to Disneyland and return to the ship. We put the call out on our roll call and split the fare with another couple.

The drive to Disneyland was just over 40 minutes - when I was planning this I got tons of comments about how bad the traffic would be and I better have a back-up plan just in case... didn't need it at all. The return to the ship was also about 40 minutes. The driver took great advantage of HOV lanes.

There are also shuttle companies that will pick up from the San Pedro and drop off in Anaheim (Super Shuttle) and there is also Uber. Try googling and see what you find - going to Disneyland post cruise in definitely doable.

For your flight back, you may want to consider John Wayne Airport - a little closer that LAX and I believe Westjet still offers direct flights.

• 2 weeks later...

I live about 8 miles from Disneyland. I would not try to visit Disneyland and fly out the same day. If you are going to stay overnght this is very doable. You would need to make arrangements for your luggage, so maybe Super Shuttle can take you to your hotel room near Disneyland. Then drop off the luggage and head over. Be prepared for a LOT of people at Disneyland. That place is packed to the gills every day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A couple of years ago we visited San Pedro as a port/day stop and decided to visit Disneyland. I googled Car Services for Disneyland and found a company called "Affordable Car Service" (Or something like that). They charged us $170 USD for transport from the ship, to Disneyland and return to the ship. We put the call out on our roll call and split the fare with another couple.

The drive to Disneyland was just over 40 minutes - when I was planning this I got tons of comments about how bad the traffic would be and I better have a back-up plan just in case... didn't need it at all. The return to the ship was also about 40 minutes. The driver took great advantage of HOV lanes.

There are also shuttle companies that will pick up from the San Pedro and drop off in Anaheim (Super Shuttle) and there is also Uber. Try googling and see what you find - going to Disneyland post cruise in definitely doable.

For your flight back, you may want to consider John Wayne Airport - a little closer that LAX and I believe Westjet still offers direct flights.

Thanks for your reply :)

I live about 8 miles from Disneyland. I would not try to visit Disneyland and fly out the same day. If you are going to stay overnght this is very doable. You would need to make arrangements for your luggage, so maybe Super Shuttle can take you to your hotel room near Disneyland. Then drop off the luggage and head over. Be prepared for a LOT of people at Disneyland. That place is packed to the gills every day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lucky you! We are Disney fans so try to visit every couple of years :)

We aren’t concerned about luggage, we are only going on a 4 day cruise, so will pack carry ons, and Disney has large lockers we can store them in (we’ve used them)

Agree with you on the crowds, we’ve def seen an increase in numbers, we were just there in May and the crowds were BIG.

How long do you think it will take for us to self carry off the ship and be at Disneyland? What t8me do you think we could get there?

• 5 weeks later...
Lucky you! We are Disney fans so try to visit every couple of years :)

We aren’t concerned about luggage, we are only going on a 4 day cruise, so will pack carry ons, and Disney has large lockers we can store them in (we’ve used them)

Agree with you on the crowds, we’ve def seen an increase in numbers, we were just there in May and the crowds were BIG.

How long do you think it will take for us to self carry off the ship and be at Disneyland? What t8me do you think we could get there?

What day of the week, time of year? On a weekend, it's 40 minutes tops probably, on a weekday at 8:30AM, up to double that.

I'd use Uber or Lyft.

John Wayne (SNA) is closer, but LAX will have more options. SNA's last flight is 10PM.

• 9 months later...

I am wondering what time to have a car service pick me up after disembarking as we are heading to Disneyland for a few days post cruise.  We do not want to do any express or rush disembarking, just the regular disembark time.  What time will that put us off the ship?

Any ideas what time to have a car service pick us up?  

On 5/19/2019 at 4:27 AM, FranciscoFamily said:

What time will that put us off the ship? Any ideas what time to have a car service pick us up?  

Last disembarkation is probably around 10:30AM. You can have a car service meet you at 11-11:15AM, or just call an Uber when you get outside the terminal.

7 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Last disembarkation is probably around 10:30AM. You can have a car service meet you at 11-11:15AM, or just call an Uber when you get outside the terminal.

Thanks for your reply, I'm not looking for the latest possible time...just like a reasonable time...I guess I was somewhat unclear when I said I didn't want to rush.  I know there are "express" or "speedy" type disembarkatioins for people with early flights and stuff like that which we would not need.

I know on all previous cruises I've been on(Disney, RCCL, Carnival) we have disembarked around 8am without any rushing, I was wondering if it was about the same on Celebrity.  

Could we reasonably expect to be off the ship by 8am?

Edited by FranciscoFamily

3 hours ago, scottca075 said:

8AM would be one of the early times, you might have to request that time to get it I think. Normally they space out the times over several groupsl

Thanks for the great info!  Can you tell me how disembarking works on Celebrity?  We have never cruised them before and just assumed that once they give the all clear you are permitted to exit the ship...is this not the case?

I'm a Princess and NCL cruiser these days mostly. I haven't been on Celebrity for at least 15 years. You might try the boards for your ship.

I don't know if it is a function of the San Pedro DHS or the ships, but every time I've disembarked the last 5 years at least it has been in groups spaced about 20 minutes apart.