FLL: Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach or GalleryOne?

paramedicduo

I didn't realize we're going to be in FLL during the Boat Show and virtually everything around either the Airport or Cruise Port is full. GalleryOne & the Crowne Hollywood Beach both have vacancies and are similar distances from both the airport & cruise port, is one a better choice than the other?

I didn't realize we're going to be in FLL during the Boat Show and virtually everything around either the Airport or Cruise Port is full. GalleryOne & the Crowne Hollywood Beach both have vacancies and are similar distances from both the airport & cruise port, is one a better choice than the other?

I have stayed at both hotels and liked each one, for different reasons. However, I would choose Gallery One over the Crowne Plaza because the water taxi stop is right there, and it is accessible to Fort Lauderdale, without having to deal with the heavy traffic due to the boat show. Galleria Mall and restaurants are also withing walking distance.

I do like Crowne Plaza, as I like its location on the Intracoastal, the pool is nice, and the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is just a mile north, where there is a plethora of bars and restaurants in the area. Have you also looked at some of the mom and pop motels along Hollywood Beach?

• 1 month later...

I have reservations next spring in Hollywood at the Doubletree Suites. The Crowne Plaza will change names/owners after November 1st. I received an email when we made the reservation back in the summer. I didn't know if this information is helpful to you or not, just didn't want you to be confused if you were not aware. Have a great trip. :)

http://www.cphollywoodbeach.com/fort-lauderdale-hotel-rooms/

I have reservations next spring in Hollywood at the Doubletree Suites. The Crowne Plaza will change names/owners after November 1st. I received an email when we made the reservation back in the summer. I didn't know if this information is helpful to you or not, just didn't want you to be confused if you were not aware. Have a great trip. :)

http://www.cphollywoodbeach.com/fort-lauderdale-hotel-rooms/

I did not know this - I'm surprised I didn't get any sort of notification since my reservation was after the change over data.

We ended up cancelling our Crowne booking and going with GalleryOne...our Crowne ressie was for a max occupancy of 4 and didn't want to risk traveling with the 5 of us. GalleryOne had a suitable suite instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will like the G1. We have stayed a couple of times and really like it. Capital Grill across the street at the mall has great food. It's $$$ but worth it. There is a little French cafe also across the street on the first floor of the big apartment building that had really good sandwiches and breakfast. It's a little hard to find as it doesn't face the main street.