Miracle Maniacs and friends....let's chat

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:32 AM.
Redding, CA
10,224 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Cuizer2
Where did everybody go?

As you can see Cruizer, most people have given up this thread, especially since the next Maniac cruise is coming up 3/2/13 on the Breeze. Sorry you aren't joining us.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Annie
5/03 Spirit Alaska...12/04 Miracle Western Caribbean...9/06 Victory NE & Canada...1/07 Paradise Baja...4/07 Spirit Hawaii...5/07 Spirit Alaska...11/07 Valor Western Caribbean...12/07 Paradise Baja, CA...1/08 Spirit Mexican Riviera...3/09 Pride Panama Canal...5/09 Splendor Pacific Northwest...9/09 Spirit Hawaii...1/10 Splendor Mexican Riviera...4/10 NCL Spirit NOLA to Boston...4/10 Carnival Elation Panama Canal...6/10 Carnival Spirit Alaska...10/10 NCL Spirit Boston to New Orleans... 1/11 Carnival Miracle So. Caribbean...2/11 Carnival Miracle So. Caribbean...4/11 Carnival Spirit Hawaii...10/11 Carnival Magic Mediterranean...10/11 Carnival Magic Transatlantic...4/12 Carnival Spirit...Northwest...9/12 Carnival Spirit...Transpacific to Sydney...10/12 Dawn Princess...New Zealand 3/13 Carnival Breeze...B2B Eastern Caribbean, 9/13 Carnival Legend...B2B Northern Europe and British Isles, 1/6/14 Carnival Imagination Caribbean, 1/10/14 Carnival Imagination...Panama Canal, 8/14 Carnival Legend...TP to Sydney, 11/14 Carnival Liberty...Caribbean, 9/15 Carnival Miracle...Mexico, 10/15 & 11/15 Carnival Triumph...B2B Caribbean Journey...1/16 Carnival Miracle, Mexico, Carnival Inspiration...9/16 Mexico, 10/16 Carnival Vista TA

Future Cruises

2/17 Carnival Pride...Journeys PC, Caribbean4/17 Carnival Miracle...B2B Mexican Riviera
9/17 Carnival Miracle...Journeys Alaska
1/18 Carnival Miracle...B2B Mexico & Journey Panama Canal

Words To Live By:

Make Memories, Not Regrets.
Convenience and Safety Trump Cost.
Do Life, Love, Travel.
Laissez les Bon temps rouler

Southern California
37,522 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by luv2cruz44
As you can see Cruizer, most people have given up this thread, especially since the next Maniac cruise is coming up 3/2/13 on the Breeze. Sorry you aren't joining us.
Well maybe we will bump into each other, as I'll be cruising out of New Orleans on March 2 aboard the Navigator of the Seas.

Well maybe not. Seems you are going to be in the Eastern Caribbean and I'll be in the Western Caribbean.

Actually, I was looking for something and came across this thread and decided to see who was still subscribed to it.
Redding, CA
10,224 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Cuizer2
Well maybe we will bump into each other, as I'll be cruising out of New Orleans on March 2 aboard the Navigator of the Seas.

Well maybe not. Seems you are going to be in the Eastern Caribbean and I'll be in the Western Caribbean.

Actually, I was looking for something and came across this thread and decided to see who was still subscribed to it.

Yep, we aren't doing any western ports this time. This will be my first "eastern" Caribbean, although I have been to a couple of the ports (Ocho Rios, Grand Turk) previously.

Have a great cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Annie
5/03 Spirit Alaska...12/04 Miracle Western Caribbean...9/06 Victory NE & Canada...1/07 Paradise Baja...4/07 Spirit Hawaii...5/07 Spirit Alaska...11/07 Valor Western Caribbean...12/07 Paradise Baja, CA...1/08 Spirit Mexican Riviera...3/09 Pride Panama Canal...5/09 Splendor Pacific Northwest...9/09 Spirit Hawaii...1/10 Splendor Mexican Riviera...4/10 NCL Spirit NOLA to Boston...4/10 Carnival Elation Panama Canal...6/10 Carnival Spirit Alaska...10/10 NCL Spirit Boston to New Orleans... 1/11 Carnival Miracle So. Caribbean...2/11 Carnival Miracle So. Caribbean...4/11 Carnival Spirit Hawaii...10/11 Carnival Magic Mediterranean...10/11 Carnival Magic Transatlantic...4/12 Carnival Spirit...Northwest...9/12 Carnival Spirit...Transpacific to Sydney...10/12 Dawn Princess...New Zealand 3/13 Carnival Breeze...B2B Eastern Caribbean, 9/13 Carnival Legend...B2B Northern Europe and British Isles, 1/6/14 Carnival Imagination Caribbean, 1/10/14 Carnival Imagination...Panama Canal, 8/14 Carnival Legend...TP to Sydney, 11/14 Carnival Liberty...Caribbean, 9/15 Carnival Miracle...Mexico, 10/15 & 11/15 Carnival Triumph...B2B Caribbean Journey...1/16 Carnival Miracle, Mexico, Carnival Inspiration...9/16 Mexico, 10/16 Carnival Vista TA

Future Cruises

2/17 Carnival Pride...Journeys PC, Caribbean4/17 Carnival Miracle...B2B Mexican Riviera

Words To Live By:

Do Life, Love, Travel.

Southern California
37,522 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Yep, we aren't doing any western ports this time. This will be my first "eastern" Caribbean, although I have been to a couple of the ports (Ocho Rios, Grand Turk) previously.

Have a great cruise.
You too.
Victoria BC
8,172 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Well, for the first time in a long time, I'm cruise-less. Last week, I cancelled the B2B I had planned for next February on the Freedom and this morning I cancelled my Hawaii cruise on the Miracle for this September.

I think with all the things at home that I've been dealing with lately, I just could not get enthusiastic about cruising right now. I will, of course, go anywhere at any time with the Maniacs, but I think I'd like to do a couple of other non-cruise trips. I haven't been to Reno in a couple of years, so I may go either in September or for my birthday in February.

I also have a friend in Ontario I haven't seen in a couple of years, so I may go back to visit him and his wife.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy
"You're never too old to be young"

"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; To gain all while you give; To roam the roads of lands remote; To travel is to live." - Hans Christian Andersen

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
Redding, CA
10,224 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Luckysll
Well, for the first time in a long time, I'm cruise-less. Last week, I cancelled the B2B I had planned for next February on the Freedom and this morning I cancelled my Hawaii cruise on the Miracle for this September.

I think with all the things at home that I've been dealing with lately, I just could not get enthusiastic about cruising right now. I will, of course, go anywhere at any time with the Maniacs, but I think I'd like to do a couple of other non-cruise trips. I haven't been to Reno in a couple of years, so I may go either in September or for my birthday in February.

I also have a friend in Ontario I haven't seen in a couple of years, so I may go back to visit him and his wife.

Sandy,

I don't think I could survive without a cruise booked! It must be a strange feeling. However, I have to say, knowing how much we have recently cut back on RV travel, I understand the time will come when we will give up cruising.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Annie

Future Cruises

Words To Live By:

Do Life, Love, Travel.

Victoria BC
8,172 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Sandy,

I don't think I could survive without a cruise booked! It must be a strange feeling. However, I have to say, knowing how much we have recently cut back on RV travel, I understand the time will come when we will give up cruising.
It's a very strange feeling. On the one hand, I keep wanting to search for cruises (Alaska with my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids is one I'd really like to do) and on the other, I want to do other things.

My job at the moment only goes to the end of August (but could be extended). I'll be 65 next February and I'd really like to stop doing temp work entirely, but that would mean living off just my pension. I can live quite easily on my pension, but it doesn't give me much in the way of "extras" like travel, so I'd like to do a couple of other trips while I can if I do decide not to work.

Plus, my brother, Steve, has had to deal with my Dad a lot because I'm working and I'd like to be able to relieve him of some of the stress.

Now, if I could just win the lottery, a lot of my problems would be solved.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; To gain all while you give; To roam the roads of lands remote; To travel is to live." - Hans Christian Andersen

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
Victoria BC
8,172 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.

Four day weekend for me. I might take my Dad up Island to visit my daughter and grandkids. If I do, guess I'll have to get some chocolate Easter bunnies to take to them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
Delaware, USA
2,933 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Happy Easter Everyone !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Calamity Jane
"Why didn't we discover cruising earlier in life?"

RCI Sovereign of the Sea, October 24-27, 2008

Carnival Legend, February 7-14, 2010
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...5826&highlight=

Review of Crusing with the Miracle Maniacs, Carnival Miracle
January 30 -February 7, 2011
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1371837

Review of Our Cruise on the Carnival Valor,
Jan.15-Jan.21, 2012
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1558535

Review:Maniac Reunion Cruise on the Carnival Breeze
March 2- March 10, 2013
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1809932

Review: Freedom 12-13-14 to 12-21-14 Cruise, Calamity Jane; Shrimp, Seuss and Say It Isn't So
Revised Part I with a link to Part II
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2142676

Review: Calamity Jane Takes PRIDE (11-15-15) In Having NO Calamities
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2292021

Review Of NCL Epic Cruise 2-11-17 to 2-18-17
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2466603

Email me at
[email protected]

10,813 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Happy Easter to all and a belated Happy Passover to our Jewish friends.

Hoping everyone is well and happy this Holy Season.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lynn
Cunard, 70s; RCCL: 70s, 80s, 1995 Song of America-Bermuda, 2005 Adventure of the Seas Southern and Eastern Caribbean, 2008 Explorer of the Seas Motorcycle cruise-Bermuda and Caribbean, 2010 Rhapsody of the Seas-Sydney Australia to French Polynesia to Hawaii, 2013 Grandeur of the Seas-cruise to nowhere; HAL: 2004 Zaandam-Caribbean; Princess: Caribbean Princess 2004-Eastern Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2008-Canada, 2015 Grand Princess-Alaska land and sea, Coral Princess 2017 Partial Panama Canal cruise; Norwegian: 2014 Breakaway-Bermuda, 2014 Gem-Florida and Bahamas, 2016 Sky-Bahamas, 2017 Gem-Canada; MSC: 2014 MSC Divina - Western Caribbean; Carnival: 2006 Miracle Exotic Western Caribbean, 2007 Spirit Hawaii, 2009 Pride-Panama Canal and Inspiration -Cozumel, 2010 Destiny-Grand Cayman and Jamaica, 2011 Miracle B2B - Exotic Southern Caribbean, Glory-Canada, Glory-Cruise to Nowhere, Ecstasy-Bahamas/Half Moon Cay, 2012 Liberty-2.0 upgrades Western Caribbean, Glory- Canada, Miracle-Bahamas and Port Canaveral, 2013 Carnival Freedom-Western Caribbean and Key West, Carnival Breeze-Eastern and Southern Caribbean, Carnival Sunshine- Transatlantic Barcelona to New Orleans, Carnival Splendor-Pt Canaveral and Bahamas, 2014 Carnival Pride-Pt. Canaveral and Bahamas, Carnival Legend-Western Caribbean, Carnival Freedom-B2B, Western Caribbean and Key West, and part 2 Eastern Caribbean. 2015 Carnival Liberty-Western Caribbean, Carnival Ecstasy-Key West and Cozumel, Carnival Pride-Pt. Canaveral and Bahamas, Carnival Splendor- Canada and New England, Carnival Triumph-B2B Journeys cruises Oct and Nov Southern Caribbean and more, 2016 Carnival Fantasy-Bahamas, Carnival Pride-Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport, Carnival Vista last Med and Transatlantic, 2017 Carnival Conquest-Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Carnival Pride- Repo cruise Tampa to Baltimore via Panama Canal , Carnival Miracle 14 day RT Alaska Sept 2017. Fathom Cruise Line: 2016 Fathom Adonia Amber Cove DR
Summerfield, Florida
7,295 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Happy Easter Everyone!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

"Life is too short. So, love the people who treat you right. Forget the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason!"

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." (Albert Einstein)

Carnival Sunshine -10/15
Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Carnival Miracle - 01/11 B2B 02/11
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 5/16
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09
Carnival Miracle - 9/07
Carnival Spirit - 10/06
Norwegian Wind - 3/05
Norwegian Sun - 2/04
Norwegian Sky - 2/03
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Leeward
Splendor of the Seas
Zenith
Olympia
Homeric
Atlantic
Doric
Franconia
Reno Nevada
1,603 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
For the first tome since 2002 I have no future CCL cruises booked . My PVP was hyperventilating on the phone when I cancelled Legend for October , flights $$$
health concerns plus we have been to all the ports.
PVP was trying to suggest cruises for me to book so I told him lets have the new schedules!!!!!
Off to Bridal Shower weekend for future DIL , looks like lovely weather .
5,638 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by DUCHESSRN
For the first tome since 2002 I have no future CCL cruises booked . My PVP was hyperventilating on the phone when I cancelled Legend for October , flights $$$
PVP was trying to suggest cruises for me to book so I told him lets have the new schedules!!!!!
Sad to hear you guys will not be coming with us on the Legend.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tracy

My trips.
Disneyland 2001, 2006, 2010
Disney World 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008
Universal Studios Hollywood 2001
Universal Studios Orl. 2003, 2005
Knotts Berry Farm 2001
Sea World Orl. 2003
Vegas Sep. 2010, Nov. 2011, Aug. 2012, May 2014
Mount Rushmore June 2003(Drove through Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Alberta)

IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE
Click to see what ship to where.
Victoria BC
8,172 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Tonie, I know exactly how you feel!

On a positive note, it looks like I'll be in Reno right after Labour Day, so I'd love to get together with you and Laurie for lunch. I'll keep you posted.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
Summerfield, Florida
7,295 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Hope you have a wonderful time at the bridal shower. Hope the health concerns are taken care of soon! Thinking about you!

Also, we don't have a cruise booked until October 2014. I'm having withdrawal. I think I'm going to have to start looking again. Thinking of something for the spring of 2014.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

"Life is too short. So, love the people who treat you right. Forget the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason!"

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." (Albert Einstein)

Carnival Sunshine -10/15
Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Carnival Miracle - 01/11 B2B 02/11
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 5/16
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09