Per cruise spreadsheets please

Hi Sandra, I went back to the end of May, and couldn't find it, so can you please email it to me at

wilbys@ihug.co.nz

Many thanks

Derek

Hi Derek,

See attachment below. Just click on attachment, enable the view tab. I had the spreadsheet on protected view so that others could not make changes.

Sandra

Spreadsheet.xls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The only other organization tool I have is my packing list. We created it on the way home from our second cruise, when we realized that we'd overpacked and didn't want to do it again. We didn't use the over-the-door-organizer, etc. While it was fresh in our minds, we wrote down what we'd actually used . . . And since then we've packed just what we need and no more.

YES! I completely over packed our second cruise too! I read so much "good advice" on what to take and not take, that I swear I needed a mule just to get me to the dock. I am much more stream lined now.

Wow knittinggirl! I don't think I could ever be that organized, but I can dream :) I love the idea of knowing which suitcase everything is in. We usually cross pack, meaning each suitcase has half his stuff and half my stuff, in case suitcases get lost. (Usually not for the trip back home though).

~ Shari

My family thinks I'm crazy cross packing everything, but I make everyone do it anyways! Part of my list tells me whose suitcase is getting what. I make sure I cross pack 1 full outfit and 1 nice dress. I'm plus size and replacing clothes would be a nightmare for me. I might be able to find shorts and a Tee somewhere along my travels, but no way I'd find a nice dress, so I always pack two and one goes in a different luggage.

I'm so glad there are lots of others who plan out their outfits for each day, and keep crazy spreadsheets!

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/14/2013 at 2:41 PM, Sherri914 said:

OK... I now know that I can't upload an Excel file (which is what my cruise planner is formatted in ), so if anyone would like the .xls file, please reach out to me via email and I'll be happy to send you the entire file. All the tabs are pre-formatted so that once you plug in your sail date and your ship name on the first page (Travel Info), this info populates corresponding cells on the other tabs. It also has a preset reminders tab that will take your cruise date and automatically calculate reminders for certain activities that you need to do pre-cruise at different intervals (1, 2, 3 weeks prior). In the meantime, I will attempt to post .pdf's of the individual tabs. Crossing my fingers and hoping this works. 🙂

Cruise List (Trip Details).pdf 176.36 kB · 2,348 downloads

Cruise List (Packing List).pdf 188.97 kB · 2,149 downloads

Cruise List (Food and Shows).pdf 190.68 kB · 1,393 downloads

Cruise List (Schedule).pdf 187.05 kB · 1,469 downloads

Cruise List (Ship Tips and Info).pdf 88.82 kB · 1,633 downloads

On 5/14/2013 at 2:41 PM, Sherri914 said:

OK... I now know that I can't upload an Excel file (which is what my cruise planner is formatted in ), so if anyone would like the .xls file, please reach out to me via email and I'll be happy to send you the entire file. All the tabs are pre-formatted so that once you plug in your sail date and your ship name on the first page (Travel Info), this info populates corresponding cells on the other tabs. It also has a preset reminders tab that will take your cruise date and automatically calculate reminders for certain activities that you need to do pre-cruise at different intervals (1, 2, 3 weeks prior). In the meantime, I will attempt to post .pdf's of the individual tabs. Crossing my fingers and hoping this works. 🙂

Cruise List (Trip Details).pdf 176.36 kB · 2,348 downloads

Cruise List (Packing List).pdf 188.97 kB · 2,149 downloads

Cruise List (Food and Shows).pdf 190.68 kB · 1,393 downloads

Cruise List (Schedule).pdf 187.05 kB · 1,469 downloads

Cruise List (Ship Tips and Info).pdf 88.82 kB · 1,633 downloads

Hi Sherri,

just stumbled across this post from 2013 and wondering if I could possibly get a copy of your excel document?  My email is Daylacook@hotmail.com.  Thanks!!!

On 4/23/2013 at 1:21 PM, Sherri914 said:

I am a planning nut. I have an Excel workbook that I use to organize myself and my DH before each cruise. It is broken down into several spreadsheets (tabs).

Tab #1 is the oh-so-important PACKING LIST, organized by suitcase and carry ons (mine vs. DH). The items are color-coded (his are blue, mine are pink) and for items that I still need to purchase before the cruise, I click the "to-buy" column and it sends that item to a separate spreadsheet (tab) called "SHOPPING LIST". Since I tend to lay the open bags in our guest room and begin the packing process over the course of a month before a big cruise, having the list there is helpful. I can check things off as I put them into the bags.

As for the SHOPPING LIST, I have an alert set on my calendar to check my shopping list at 3 months and again at 2 months prior to cruise to begin looking for any items that still need to be purchased.

Another tab on my cruise organizer is the ONBOARD TIPS list. This is very helpful when cruising on a large ship with so many options. The tips list includes all the dining and activity venues as well as whether there are fees involved, if reservations are required, best viewing places for outdoor shows, secret spots, all sorts of CC tips that I gather from lurking in the months leading up to a cruise.

My TO DO tab is my reminder to do things like setting dining or show reservations, making payments, booking excursions, prefilling Rx's, notifying bank of international travel, etc.

The last tab on my cruise planner is my SCHEDULE. Just prior to leaving, I fill in the blanks on this document and print it out in triplicate (because we always end up changing something after we get on the ship). It's a glimpse of the entire cruise itenerary. It includes any dinner / show / activity reservations we've made at a glance on one page. It also contains our Hotel, Flight, Travel Insurance, and Transfer information and all emergency phone numbers for TA, cruise line, hotel, etc.

Of course, all that is subject to change once we step foot on the ship, but it's good to at least have something to go by. And for me, planning the vacation is half the fun!

Hi, would you be willing to share your planning spreadsheet?  Thanks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, irishclover59 said:

Hi, would you be willing to share your planning spreadsheet?  Thanks.

That would be great, wouldn't it?  I'd love it myself, but that was posted in 2013.  Wonder if she's still monitoring these boards?

• 1 year later...
On 5/14/2013 at 1:41 PM, Sherri914 said:

Cruise List (Trip Details).pdf 176.36 kB · 2,385 downloads

Cruise List (Packing List).pdf 188.97 kB · 2,191 downloads

Cruise List (Food and Shows).pdf 190.68 kB · 1,409 downloads

Cruise List (Schedule).pdf 187.05 kB · 1,491 downloads

Cruise List (Ship Tips and Info).pdf 88.82 kB · 1,658 downloads

Thank you Sherri914…

I found the excel spreadsheet link in this message thread located within POST #171 and was able to download it. Thank you

Mary

Edited by Muechie