AIDA's New Helios Class Ship

London-Calling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I´m not sure about their product also :D

I only was at the Aida Prima, some things i like and some not.

It´s interesting that they have commercial spots in dutch TV. Aida offers cruises from Rotterdam with Prima and next year Perla. Wonder if many people from dutch book that?

If you want to try it book the Perla next year with the Hamburg Harbour birthday. That sailaway in Hamburg with the firework is the cruise worth alone.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the meantime the two parts have been welded together. AIDA just announced earlier this week that the christening will be held in Papenburg at the ship yard on August 31st, 2018 accompanied by a big open air concert with David Guetta (25,000 tickets are on sale since yesterday).

steamboats

• 2 months later...
In the meantime the two parts have been welded together. AIDA just announced earlier this week that the christening will be held in Papenburg at the ship yard on August 31st, 2018 accompanied by a big open air concert with David Guetta (25,000 tickets are on sale since yesterday).

steamboats

I think the Aida ships are very beautiful. I love their color scheme and modern decor. Too bad for some of us here is the US that they don't have a big presence. May be some day after practicing some German I can try them in Europe. :)

• 2 months later...
Looking for any info regarding the Aida Perla; next year there will be a trip to Norway and France, it sounds like these trips are going pretty fast?!

This thread is about the Helios Class ships. The first ship to come is AIDAnova. AIDAperla and AIDAprima are Hyperion class. But yes, some trips sell pretty fast.

Back to AIDAnova...

Naming cermony is August 31st in Papenburg. Prior to that the ship will leave the building hall but no date yet except for "midAugust". The river authorities have published that the Ems river will be backed up by September 22nd. So after this date the Ems river conveyance may start.

steamboats

• 3 months later...

The hand over should have been taken place yesterday but has been cancelled. Yesterday it was confirmed that the ship will be ready for the maiden cruise on Dec 2nd. Todays announcement is that all cruises til Dec 19th are now cancelled.

steamboats