Norwegian Dawn Garden Villa door

cooncat_mom

I was wondering, does anyone know if there are child locks on the doors to the Courtyard in the Garden Villas even though it's not technically a balcony? We're traveling with a 4 year old and two year old and wouldn't mind a little security - beyond moving a chair in front of the door...;) I am thinking of picking up a couple of travel door alarms just in case though...

All sliding balcony-type doors should have a child lock feature on them to prevent the door from being opened.

I can't recall if the Garden Villa courtyard can be accessed via any non-sliding doors (I only visited once), but the room floor plan may give you an indication of which doors (and which types of doors) have courtyard access.

I was wondering, does anyone know if there are child locks on the doors to the Courtyard in the Garden Villas even though it's not technically a balcony? We're traveling with a 4 year old and two year old and wouldn't mind a little security - beyond moving a chair in front of the door...;) I am thinking of picking up a couple of travel door alarms just in case though...

I've stayed in that room and the door is not a sliding glass door. I believe there is a lock but I definitely know the door is very very heavy. The trouble I would worry about if they got out is the hot tub and there is a sauna type thing. Your might want to ask me f they can lock the sauna. We really never used the sauna the whole week. Sometimes we kept the door to the courtyard open all day but we were all adults. I'd definitely be worried with kids if the doors were not so heavy. I doubt the four year old could push the door open by himself.

Quick update - we did get door alarms but they weren't needed. The balcony door was heavy for the girls and Auntie put the younger one's Pack and Play in front of it. They *could* however open the main door. Problem solved by 1. Locking the bedroom door and 2. Tiring them out (not hard to do) so they slept all night.!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums