Bringing a small kiddie pool

cooncat_mom

We are sailing the NCL Dawn from Boston to Bermuda with my 2 & 4 year old grandkids. Mom & Dad are coming along with "Onnie" and Gramma (me). We're unbelievably blessed and lucky to have our bid for a Garden Villa accepted ([emoji322] Happy Dance[emoji322]). The 2 year old won't be able to do the children's pool area yet so am thinking of bringing a small inflatable pool for the courtyard for them to splash in. Is this feasible? Has anyone done it? Figured with the hot tub there, we'd be able to fill and dump it fairly easily.

I've done the Penthouse Suites before but am thrilled do do this with the family (am also happy to be sleeping in a bed and not on a couch!). For those who'd advise against kids, I always vacationed with mine from infancy on up, and these two are seasoned travelers including visiting the Far East, so it should be fun. But exhausting...and there are 4 of us to 2 of them! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did it. We just put it on the balcony and then filled it up with water from the sink using the ice bucket, then dumped it down the drain when we were done. We saved some plastic cups to use as water toys, my almost 2 year old loved it.

We brought this pool: https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Sunset-Glow-Baby-Pool/dp/B000I9RZOW/

Thank you! I can't wait to experience this through their eyes. They're already looking forward to getting on the "boat that smiles at them" (I showed them pictures of the front of the Dawn) [emoji4]

A blow up TUB is what will fit best...just enough for splashing. A kiddie pool takes up quite a bit of space. And, unless you have a tub, a blow up one is useful for smaller kids who don't like showers!

Sigh. Jumping in again. Look up Garden Villa. They have a HUGE balcony with it's own hot tub. Lots of space for a blow up tub. EM

We did this a few years ago The butler/steward filled the pool for us every morning and dumped it every night. The GV is amazing with children, there's so much room and space for them

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks all [emoji846] I've ordered the pool and a pump. Honestly, bean24, that's what made me do the upbid. I'm quite content with a balcony (if I'm fancy -an aft one!) but thought a GV would be wonderful for the girls (and the rest of us can enjoy it too [emoji6]). As you can tell by my planning on how to fill/dump the pool, I'm not a real good suite person. It will be an interesting week! (And truthfully, nice to hear that someone else will do it!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just be mindful that most ships advise against drinking water from the sink or shower.

Really? Maybe on my first cruises in 1972 on a 1930's clunker, but not since. Of course, drinking water from the shower would be difficult, but we regularly fill our water bottles from the sink. EM

Just be mindful that most ships advise against drinking water from the sink or shower.

Which ships would this be? The water from the sinks and showers is the same water as used in dining venues, bars, and the galleys. It is potable water, and completely safe to drink.

I've been drinking ship's water from the sink for 42 years, a minimum of six months a year, and never had a problem with it. What are the dangers?

Which ships would this be? The water from the sinks and showers is the same water as used in dining venues, bars, and the galleys. It is potable water, and completely safe to drink.

I've been drinking ship's water from the sink for 42 years, a minimum of six months a year, and never had a problem with it. What are the dangers?

I'm sure its fine. On RCCL we were told not to. I have heard that it isn't the purity of the water its the piping (the time it spends at unsafe temps). I just take their word for it and sterilize my drinks with alcohol.

I'm sure its fine. On RCCL we were told not to. I have heard that it isn't the purity of the water its the piping (the time it spends at unsafe temps). I just take their word for it and sterilize my drinks with alcohol.

Who told you that on RCI? A cabin steward? I would trust them with technical knowledge of ships about as far as I could throw them. What "unsafe temps"? I didn't know water had "unsafe temps". Warm/hot water can breed legionella, but there must be air present as well, like in a shower head after use, not in completely pressurized piping. As for the time in the piping, unlike the municipal water supply you get at home that sits in the underground pipes until you open a faucet, the water on the ship is constantly recirculated, even when no one is using water, and in this recirculation process, the entire water flow for the ship is passed through a chlorine sensor, located at the farthest point from the engine room (typically on the bridge), and if the chlorine residual is below 0.5ppm, more chlorine is dosed in real time, to maintain this level 24/7, unlike your municipal water supply, where the chlorine can dissipate naturally depending on how far you are from the treatment plant, and how long the water has been in the pipes.

Four of you and two of them, your still outnumbered. Lol

Oh so very true! And they have SOOO much more energy than we do (I may be old, but I remember that well[emoji6]). It was one of the reasons I did the upbid when I got the email. I know the Villas are amazing, but I'm happy with a balcony, some coffee and my crocheting (yes, I AM a wild woman!), however I thought with the girls it would be awfully nice to have a safe space for them to run off some energy. They are well behaved girls and have traveled and eaten at restaurants since they were babies (I did the same with my kids). But they are little and they do need to let off steam!

I'm pretty sure it will be an awesome, once in a lifetime trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Please provide a reference to your statement since almost everyone else is aware that ship water is perfectly safe to drink. Which ships comprise the "most ships" group. I might not drink water out of the shower (who does) but the water out of your taps is probably better than the water that comes out of your taps at home.

DON