Recommended Cabins on Deck 7

SabreSailor

We have a reservation for Cabin C767. There's some controversy about that choice since it's rear-facing and bigger than the other C-class cabins (stateroom 229 sq. ft. – balcony 74 sq. ft.).

The consensus I've read here is it's not noisy and it's not smoky from the engines, but there's a risk of extra motion since it's as far from mid-ship as you can get.

Ask me again next June!

I have a reservation for C763 in mid-November. I've been told by my travel agent that it's a fantastic location with very nice views, and tons of space on the balcony. If I'm not mistaken, the balconies in the rear of the ship on deck 7 are about twice the size of most other balconies. The rooms are smaller (mine is 186 sq ft; balcony 75 sq ft.), but with the balcony and the rest of the ship available to me, the extra small space in the room will not be an issue for me.

I've stayed at the rear area on deck 7 .......... Yes a bit more movement, agreed no engine noise/smoke. As far as view I can tell you I'm up early with my camera. Only a few times did I shoot from the rear looking backwards as the ship is moving toward the island of the day so one is typically looking forward. The best morning sunrise IMO will be approaching Bora Bora .... you will not want to be in your rear facing cabin to view the spectacular view of the Bora Bora approach ;)

A hint ... rear rooms on deck 7 may hear music from the late night activities from the bar/lounge just above ;)

We're about to book a category C cabin, but were concerned about noise from the pool/public areas above. Are there any C cabins you'd recommend on Deck 7 - or ones we should stay away from??

Thanks!

We just stayed in 767 for the Sept 6 10 day sailing. We loved the cabin and would definitely book it again. Only once in that cruise did we hear any noise from the lounge above and it was very minimal and certainly didn't disturb us. We did hear some banging around from above on the very last morning of the cruise as I believe they were doing a deep clean or something like that. Again we were up early to leave the ship that day so it really didn't bother us and would not dissuade us for booking that same cabin. We very much enjoyed the extra large cabin and balcony as well as the easy location to the elevators/stairs plus the pool etc. Highly recommend.