AAA Discount Available at Germaine's Luau

Cruisen Elf

Wanted to pass on that you can get a 20% discount at Germaine's Luau if you have AAA and book directly with Germaine's by phone. I also was able to purchase transportation to and from the pier. I upgraded our seats and still paid less than the cruise ship's excursion price. I'm always looking to save money, so hope this helps others save, too.

Edited by Cruisen Elf
Additional Information

Wanted to pass on that you can get a 20% discount at Germaine's Luau if you have AAA and book directly with Germaine's by phone. I also was able to purchase transportation to and from the pier. I upgraded our seats and still paid less than the cruise ship's excursion price. I'm always looking to save money, so hope this helps others save, too.

Who did you purchase the transportation with and may I ask how much was it?

Thanks Cruisen Elf. I am just starting to research which Luau to do while in Hawaii. Why did you chose Germaine's over others?

I chose Germaine's Luau because it had decent ratings, had transportation available, and I could get a better price with them than other luaus I researched. One luau wasn't available the date we would be in Honolulu, and another was for military personnel. Others didn't have as good ratings. Since it was the same excursion offered by the cruise line, I figured it must be OK. I was happy to upgrade our experience and spend less money than the cruise line wanted for the basic package!

I will add that there are other luaus available in Honolulu and also on the other islands. We did a wonderful luau on an overnight port stop at Lahaina, Maui called Old Lahaina Luau. It had beautiful scenery and a great show! I can recommend that one based on personal experience if you have a late night or overnight in Lahaina.

Who did you purchase the transportation with and may I ask how much was it?

I booked the transportation directly with Germaine's Luau when I made my reservation. The round-trip transportation added $20.00 per person to the cost, and I then received a 20% discount on the total. I ended up paying $102.00 per person for the Hibiscus level (mid level) luau which included the transportation cost. The cruise line charged $109.95 for the lower level luau (open seating further away from show) and transportation. The Germaine's website is pretty clear about the pricing levels and costs. You do have to call them on the phone to make a reservation if you want the AAA discount.

I booked the transportation directly with Germaine's Luau when I made my reservation. The round-trip transportation added $20.00 per person to the cost, and I then received a 20% discount on the total. I ended up paying $102.00 per person for the Hibiscus level (mid level) luau which included the transportation cost. The cruise line charged $109.95 for the lower level luau (open seating further away from show) and transportation. The Germaine's website is pretty clear about the pricing levels and costs. You do have to call them on the phone to make a reservation if you want the AAA discount.

What time did they pick you up at the port?

What time did they pick you up at the port?

We have not done the luau yet - only booked it. According to my phone conversation and the confirmation email Germaine's will pick us up at cruise ship Pier 2 outside the terminal at 3:25 PM. We will be returned to the ship by 10:00 PM. (Ship is in port until 11 PM.)

We have not done the luau yet - only booked it. According to my phone conversation and the confirmation email Germaine's will pick us up at cruise ship Pier 2 outside the terminal at 3:25 PM. We will be returned to the ship by 10:00 PM. (Ship is in port until 11 PM.)

Thanks again for your reply

I want to thank you for this information. We just got AAA. Originally I had the Luau with Princess and got credit back for getting them to match Germaine’s least expensive package but with the AAA I got the Hibiscus seats for only about $10 more per person. So much better. Thanks for the tip.

Jessica

I want to thank you for this information. We just got AAA. Originally I had the Luau with Princess and got credit back for getting them to match Germaine’s least expensive package but with the AAA I got the Hibiscus seats for only about $10 more per person. So much better. Thanks for the tip.

Jessica

Glad to be of assistance!