Hotel and parking in New Orleans

gmaonboard4

So we usually stay in the French Quarter at the Prince Conti but last cruise they required a 3 night minimum. So we ended up across the river at the Best Western Plus Westbank in Harvey. I liked this hotel, it had the quaint courtyard, the price was decent, rooms were a little on the small side. There was a lot of traffic getting there on a Saturday night but the next morning to the cruise, it was easy getting to the pier. We just park at the pier, it might be a little more but it's close and easy parking. But I think the Best Western has a parking package and transportion to the pier. The location seemed safe, there was plenty of restaurants close by. They had a good comp breakfast in the morning. I would definitely stay there again.

If you looking for affordable, check for hotels on the westbank much cheaper than the downtown side and only 10 to 15 mins from port, as far as parking check fulton garage only a couple blocks from port with a free shuttle and half the price of port parking!

So we usually stay in the French Quarter at the Prince Conti but last cruise they required a 3 night minimum. So we ended up across the river at the Best Western Plus Westbank in Harvey. I liked this hotel, it had the quaint courtyard, the price was decent, rooms were a little on the small side. There was a lot of traffic getting there on a Saturday night but the next morning to the cruise, it was easy getting to the pier. We just park at the pier, it might be a little more but it's close and easy parking. But I think the Best Western has a parking package and transportion to the pier. The location seemed safe, there was plenty of restaurants close by. They had a good comp breakfast in the morning. I would definitely stay there again.

The Best Western is where we usually stay too.

They do have parking, but we park at the port because even though it is a bit more expensive, it is a lot more convenient.

In New Orleans the hotels with parking will get you to the port, but you need to get a cab to get back to the hotel. When we did the math it saved money, but cost time. I guess it depends on your driving schedule and budget.

We always stayed at a Best Western (all my wife likes). The one in Slidell is very nice and right off the high way. Usually about $100/nt. per room. Has a pool, good breakfast, AWESOME service, right next to Walgreen's, and many restaurants (noticed gas was cheaper here too). Easy back on the highway in the AM then only 25 min drive to city. We then always park in Fulton Street Garage! Free shuttle there and back (3 min ride), covered parking, and almost half the price of the port. You can purchase in advance and save plus make sure you have spot. We also did the Best Western Westbank. Was also only about $100/nt. It has a very large courtyard pool and a hot tub, a poolside bar, and good breakfast. It is only 10 min from port as is just other side of bridge from downtown. We took an Uber to French Quarter for 16 bucks for regular size. You drive by Walmart and things if you need them on way to port.