What do you use to take pictures on your cruise and why

leedm

I just packed my kit for an upcoming land trip to Germany (the only difference from a cruise in this case is that we are using a bus instead of a boat and each 'port' is 2 nights long..

I am taking -

Nikon D500 with a Sigma Art 18-105 and rented Tamron 18-400 - The Art will be used for in town and architecture shots, the 18-400 will be on for the I have no idea what to expect shoot wise portions of the tour.

Sony A6000 with 18-55 kit lens - This is my pocket camera for when I don't want to carry a bag or larger camera (meals, shopping etc)

Giroptix 360 - Not sure when I may use this, but its small and can come in handy.

Honestly, this is almost the same as my cruise gear except for Alaska and Canada/NE I carry a second body with a 10-18 on it for landscape shooting and for the Caribbean I carry a waterproof.

• 2 weeks later...

I travel with a Sony NEX6 and 18-200mm lens. Love my camera & the best thing is it has a viewfinder which phones don't have. Its not always easy to see what's on the screen & I really need & want to see what I'm taking a photo of.

Sent from my SM-T315T using Tapatalk

The wife is right...IMHO

As a professional photographer, my cameras are the tools of my trade. The money I have earned over the years has allowed me to reinvest in more gear to get the shots I seek easier. When I vacation, I have plenty of camera equipment to choose from depending on the trip.

The nicest part is I pay for all my new equipment from my photography paychecks, so it doesn't negatively affect the household.

iPhone, Sony RX100M for compact size, Nikon DSLR with two lenses....one zoom and one fixed......which lens depends on where I am traveling. Sometimes a third sneaks in [emoji57], but as I get older I try to keep weight down.

I had my original RX stolen whilst in the luggage on the carousel in LV.....only got $250 back from AMEX....zero from Delta. ALWAYS carry on your equipment.....

If I am traveling by car, my Nikon FM from back in the day sneaks in....still love film.

Delta reimbursed for everything else no prob, but they do not cover computers, cameras or electronics.

Sent from my iPad using Forums