Spirit Air Question

whengingersnaps

Yesterday I cancelled my Carnival Fascination Cruise out of Puerto Rico on Oct. 29th. I was told I would get a credit of 75% to use on a future cruise, since I had travel insurance. This credit (if I receive it) is supposed to be good for 2 years. I also cancelled my flights with Spirit Air. I had reserved a room at the Sheraton Old San Juan for one night, post cruise. But since it is closed until the end of the year, and it seems that any hotels that ARE open are running on generators, I didn't want to stay the extra day. Spirit wanted additional fees to change the flight from Monday to Sunday. I got fed up with it all and just cancelled.

Now I have a credit with Spirit Air. It says I must use it within 60 days to book another flight. Can anyone tell me if this means I have to actually FLY somewhere within 60 days, or if I just have to book something within that time frame? I would really like to cruise next year sometime (but not during hurricane season!) but 60 days is too soon for me to make plans.