Baltimore help please

mabell2

We are returning on Royal Caribbean Cruise on a Saturday and our flight doesn't leave Baltimore airport until 5:00 PM. I am looking for somewhere to store our luggage and any ideas of what to do for about 4-5 hours in Baltimore. Does anyone know if I can check my luggage at the airport and then hop a cab from there? Is there an area to go sightseeing or a great place for lunch? Any information would be help please.

:):):)

I would check with the airlnes first to see what time you can check in your luggage. Most have a 4 hour before departure rule.

Evn though the lght rail is a good idea I think on your limited time frame I would take a taxi do town to the Inner harbor. There will be plenty of taxi's downtown and outside downtown hotels to take you back to airport.

Might be worth renting a car to stow the luggage in, especially if you can pick up near the ship and drop off at the airport. Certainly them most time efficient way of getting around.

Most if not all rental car companies are located at the airport

Most if not all rental car companies are located at the airport

Enterprise, Hertz, Avis, Budget all have downtown locations (but nothing on the Locust Point side)

Some companies will deliver a rental car, but I don't' know if that is available in Baltimore.

Edited by cc_rider

Enterprise, Hertz, Avis, Budget all have downtown locations (but nothing on the Locust Point side)

Some companies will deliver a rental car, but I don't' know if that is available in Baltimore.

Yes they do have downtown lcations but they are located in hotel lobbies. You will stil have to be shuttled to airport to get your car.

I'd go with a taxi. Just no way I would rent a car in a strange city for so short a block of time--I'm just too nervous a driver for that :( There are lots of activities for history buffs, and the restaurants tend to favor seafood dishes.

Rachel

Go to Brewer's Art for some great (and cheap!) locally brewed beer and tasty food.

The aquarium is nice.

B&O railroad museum is also solid if you're into Railroad History.

There are three historical ships in the inner harbor that you can tour.

Lots of neat stuff in Bmore depending on what your interests are.

• 1 year later...