World Club

babs135

With 5 voyages and between 35 and 40 days, you would be gold. Platinum requires 7 voyages or 70 days.

Trying to work out how short we are of the Platinum level. We have a 29 nights cruise coming up and looking at a long cruise in 2019; wondering if it would be worth trying to get another cruise inbetween the two to gain the higher status. And yes, I know you will all say yes to the last comment, but I have to be practical from a cost point of view.

Is being Platinum really worth it? Please give me your thoughts.

Trying to work out how short we are of the Platinum level. We have a 29 nights cruise coming up and looking at a long cruise in 2019; wondering if it would be worth trying to get another cruise inbetween the two to gain the higher status. And yes, I know you will all say yes to the last comment, but I have to be practical from a cost point of view.

In my view, the main benefit of Platinum status is the two extra hours of free internet time per passenger with platinum status (worth $47.95 per person based on year-old figures I have). Priority embarkation may get you through check-in and on board a bit sooner than you might otherwise. The complimentary wine tasting session is also a nice little extra if that is of interest to you (worth $35.00 per person according to ask.cunard.com). The 20% laundry services discount may or may not be useful depending on how much OBC you have since that benefit only kicks in after you have used up your OBC.

Although an extra cruise is always nice, spending a few hundred (or more) pounds to get those extra 1-6 days would not be worth it to me. The price of that extra cruise far outways the monetary value of moving to Platinum.

What you will get as a platinum is 2 more complementary hours of internet time per person, and an invitation to the Senior Officers Party, which at one time was an event, but there are apparently so many platinums now that it has to be held in the Queens Room, not the elegant event it was. In my personal opinion spending a few thousand to get to platinum would not get you bang for the buck.