AmaWaterways Embarkation Day

ELWmusic1

I am looking for how embarkation day on an AmaWaterways cruise works. Mainly I am wanting the timetable of events such as the welcome aboard dinner. I want to plan some evening events in Amsterdam outside of the cruise, but I don't want them to conflict with the cruise activities.

I am looking for how embarkation day on an AmaWaterways cruise works. Mainly I am wanting the timetable of events such as the welcome aboard dinner. I want to plan some evening events in Amsterdam outside of the cruise, but I don't want them to conflict with the cruise activities.

Have been on 2 AMA cruises and the welcome dinner is at 7 or 7:30 pm but the meals usually last 2.5 -3 hours.

How does the rest of the embarkation day go. Also, do they give you a times guide like they do with ocean cruise companies?

They do called The Daily Cruiser.Staterooms are ready by 3pm. We arrived at noon on a Bordeaux cruise and got into our stateroom around 1 pm. Went out for the rest of the afternoon and back in time for the Welcome Cocktail and info briefing which was at 6:30, dinner followed at 7:30. The boat remained overnight in Bordeaux and if you wanted you could leave the boat. It sailed at 5:30 am.

On the Paris-Normandy cruise, we arrived on boat around noon and cabins weren't ready until 3 pm. The Welcome Cocktail and briefing was at 6 pm and dinner followed at 7 pm. The boat left at 10 pm.

• 2 weeks later...
How does the rest of the embarkation day go. Also, do they give you a times guide like they do with ocean cruise companies?

We did the Seine-Normandy cruise this past Summer. We arrived very early (6:45am) @ Paris CDG. The AMA rep was waiting for us as was our AMA driver.Arrived dock side approx 40 min later. checked in-baggage etc. Reception announced that as they knew we would be early our cabin was ready for us & please enjoy breakfast. GREAT service aboard AMA. Looking forward to planning our 3rd trip with them

Enjoy

Carole