Wi fi on Discovery 2

I phoned Thomson as no one had replied.

First customer service agent said it was free. She gave other incorrect information which led to me phoning back and asking for confirmation.

Second agent did not seem to know the answer either, she eventually phoned her supervisor and came back with following :

One day, 300mb £15

3 days 800mb £25

Week 1200mb £49

Hope this is helpful.

There are various discussions on this in the Facebook group "Marella Discovery 2 (Tui Discovery 2)"

Most conclude its not worth it and quality is poor. If you are in Canaries (Part of spain) then remember that roaming charges are abolished in the EU so you get your home package on phones. But do ensure that you don't keep data roaming on when at sea as when out of range of land you connect to the ships satellite service which will charge.

I phoned Thomson as no one had replied.

First customer service agent said it was free. She gave other incorrect information which led to me phoning back and asking for confirmation.

Second agent did not seem to know the answer either, she eventually phoned her supervisor and came back with following :

One day, 300mb £15

3 days 800mb £25

Week 1200mb £49

Hope this is helpful.

The £49 confirms something I read some months ago, what I wasn't aware of was the 1200mb (1.2Gig). It will always be slow cpmpared to home, but last time I was on P&O it cost me £130, the mid package that does me, for two weeks, so Thomson is a little cheaper atm. What I need to do now is try to work out how many Gig I would use for what I use it for...:')

Regarding Data Roaming on your phone, I forgot one night to turn it off and two emails that came through cost me £7... I currently have a 'Three' package which your data allowance can be used in most European Countries.

Keith (Southend)