Is the Singapore Transit Pass worth it?

Betty in Cozumel

We are going to be in Singapore at the end of a cruise in January. We arrive at 10am on the Saturday but do not have to leave the ship until Sunday morning. We are then staying in a hotel one night and leaving Monday afternoon to fly back to Hong Kong.

I have done a lot of research and the sights we want to see are only a 30 minutes walk from each other; which is nothing in normal weather but I am assuming will be deadly in the heat & humidity of Singapore.

So I am thinking about getting the Singapore Tourist Pass for unlimited MTR, bus & LTR. 1 day = $10. 2 days = $16 and 3 days = $20. Plus a $10 deposit for the card that can be refunded within 5 days at the airport.

Somewhere I read that the average MTR cost/ride is only .83 - $1.95. Now I am wondering if we will be doing that many rides to make it worth it. I know it will make it easier for sure and will include the cost of the transfer to the airport via MTR on the last day.

Does anyone else have any experience using this?

Thanks

Betty

Singapore is always hot and humid, ok if you are young but not good to walk around if not in that category.

Public transport in Singapore is efficient and cheap - indeed there is very few attractions that are not near a metro station so use the train, cheap as chips.

Thanks guys. Yes we are not young but do love to walk. At S$20 for 3 days (less than S$7/day) I guess we will get it.

We are use to hot & humid living in Cozumel year round but with so little time to see so much, the tourist pass will be the way to go.

Betty

Betty, yst in the scheme of things not a lot of money.

The average highs are 85 and average lows are 75.

Yes, averages so could be warmer or cooler.

I would just play it by ear.

Keith

Our summer temperatures are 86 - 93 and humid so I think it will be similar.

Right now it is cloudy and 29c (Feels like 38c)(That's 84/100F)

Betty