Looking for advice

rhohea

Looking at doing a Sirena cruise coming into Miami on April 23, 2018. Our problem is we are also booked on a Marina cruise departing Miami on April 22, 2018

We are aware that we need to get permission from HO in Miami to delay embarking by 1 day which is at Port Canaveral.

The advice we are looking for is if it is possible time wise to get a private shuttle from Miami Port & make it to Port Canaveral by 3pm. (4pm is the time Marina is due to leave).

Thank you in advance.

Rhonda

Your problem may not be getting to Port Canaveral in time but rather the ability to board there.

You may want to check that first with Oceania.

Thanks Paul. We are doing that. Have done something similar before and had no problem mainly because the port we wanted to embark was classified as an embarkation port and so is Port Canaveral. So hoping we will get approval. Other wise we will try for the following day in Charleston or cancel one of the cruises. Do you have any advise re driving time etc. Rhonda

it may be more of a problem because of the PVSA

O may not have control over that

Europe is different story but USA you usually cannot do it

I agree with this. Without knowing the rest of the second cruise's itinerary, if disembarkation is in Miami O will likely not allow you to board except in Miami due to that Act.

Sorry, I don't know about your transit time between those two ports

Agree with all the above, especially about where your disembarkation port is.

But if you could do it the driving time is about 3.5 hours, but that really doesn't take into account how snarled the traffic can be between Mia and Fll and points north.

The other issue would be the cost. I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap.

Greetings

You should have plenty of time to make the trip from Port Miami to Canaveral. Rent a car and head straight up I-95. That isn't a normal route for shuttles so a rental will probably be your best option. PVSA is not a problem since the Marina cruise ends in Montreal.

Good Sailing

Tom

it may be more of a problem because of the PVSA

OP's Marina cruise (04/22/2018) ends in Montreal ... so PVSA shouldn't be a problem in her case. As long as 'O' gives her the OK, she should be good to go. Port of Miami to Port Canaveral is about 220 miles ... even with traffic she should be able to make that in under 4 hours.

OP's Marina cruise (04/22/2018) ends in Montreal ... so PVSA shouldn't be a problem in her case. As long as 'O' gives her the OK, she should be good to go. Port of Miami to Port Canaveral is about 220 miles ... even with traffic she should be able to make that in under 4 hours.

Thanks I should have looked at the cruise I cannot keep up with Rhonda & her sailings :D

So are you going to do both? Or don't you know yet?

I can understand why you'd want to do as much as you can given travel time from Australia to our hemisphere!

Would love to travel with you again ...

Mura

rhorea - have you thought of maybe asking to disembark at your last stop before arriving in Miami? Then fly to Miami to board Marina there? I have no idea what your first cruise's itinerary is but we have had several Caribbean cruises where the stop has been Key West (had to go through US Immigration there...) and renting a car to drive to Miami would be easy from there. There also might be flights.

rhorea - have you thought of maybe asking to disembark at your last stop before arriving in Miami? Then fly to Miami to board Marina there? I have no idea what your first cruise's itinerary is but we have had several Caribbean cruises where the stop has been Key West (had to go through US Immigration there...) and renting a car to drive to Miami would be easy from there. There also might be flights.

I think it's San Juan - probably doable