RCI Kids club

krs216

Hi! Traveling to Bermuda on Anthem next summer. My daughter will be celebrating her birthday on the ship, day 3 of a 5 night cruise. She will turn 6 and my son will be 7. Will they allow her to be in same age group as my son for the whole cruise, even though she'll be only five at the start of the trip? I believe 6-8 yo are grouped together.

tia!!

Kristin

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely ask, I've experienced Royal tries to accomodate as much as possible. We had to age down both my kids and I was instructed by special needs to talk to them as early as possible. So once we boarded, we headed straight to the kids club.

I've never been on RC but we are going with 5 and 3 next month (!)

From what I've read, they are flexible on the ages within reason, especially if siblings. I've read they will let kids see what they are comfortable with after participating in the diff age rooms, or that they will place them based on the parents request. For example, a 9 year old may feel more comfortable with the lower group/activities, or a 5 yo with the older group, etc. I've read that they will let the parents and kids determine what is best.

Again not from personal experience, but I do not think you will have any trouble requesting this.

Whether they allow it will be determined in part by how many kids are on board in each age range. We were able to get an 8-year-old moved up to be with her sister and friends on RC last summer. The first day was conditional - they watched her to determine if she'd be allowed to stay.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think a 2.5 year old will be allowed in the 3-5 room with his 5 year old brother? I realize there are extra fees for under 3 and will pay those.

No way - it's an insurance issue.

• 3 months later...

You should try to ask when there aren't a lot of other parents around, since they aren't going to want to accommodate a million requests from parents who think their children are "advanced" and need to be in a different group. It will depend upon the people running the clubs, and their level of crowdedness (they are much more flexible with fewer children) but your daughter has a very strong case - birthday during the cruise plus older sibling. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

They sometimes can accommodate changes. On our Explorer of the Seas cruise a few months ago they combined the groups together (except the 3-5 kids stayed separate).

As far as getting a younger child into the older group - it's probably not going to happen. However, they did say when I went with my (almost)2 & 3 year olds on Allure last year that my 3 year old could go down to the "baby" group but I would pay for both of them which was $6/hr per kid. I chose not to do that and only paid for my almost 2 year old to go for a few hours.

• 3 weeks later...
Adventure Ocean starts at 3 years old. They are strict about that. On ships with a nursery the younger one could go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am considering a cruise with my child, but he will be 5 weeks shy of 3 years old at the time of sailing. Will he be denied entry into Adventure Ocean?