Is an 11:25 int'l flight do-able from port in Dublin?

DogLover

Will be on the Celebrity Eclipse which ends on June 7th (a Thursday) in Dublin. Scheduled docking time is 5:30am and previous port is Cobh (Cork) on June 6th so minimal sailing distance into Dublin. We'll have priority disembarkation.

If we pre-arrange for transportation, is an 11:25 flight possible to make. We would be flying Delta One.

Many thanks.

I have not disembarked a ship in DUB, so I can't speak to travel times from the pier to the airport.

One thing you might want to take note of is that Delta has a "Minimum Required Baggage Security Check-in Time" at DUB of "4 hours before departure-even if not checking bags".

That means checking in no later than 07:25 for your 11:25 flight.

No, I'm not kidding. Here is a link to the DL webpage with this information (scroll down til you see Dublin): LINK HERE

And FYI - you will go through full USA immigration and customs procedures in DUB prior to your departure.

Wow, that Delta timing thing out of DUB is crazy....or, so I would have thought. I guess increased security measures have led to changes.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/arrive-at-least-three-hours-early-for-flights-warns-aer-lingus-1.3175631

We flew back from DUB at the end of May this year (on Aer Lingus), arriving 3 hours early, and almost no one else was there. Breezed through security and immigration, and had tons of time to spare. Now, even Aer Lingus is recommending 3.5 hours (but still notes flights close 75 minutes from departure).

This points out the folly of just assuming that flights are handled the same everywhere. Even in the USA, different airports have different cut-off times for check-in and/or baggage drop. The good news is that this information is usually available if you drill down into the various airline and airport web pages. As DL puts it: " Customers who fail to complete the check-in procedures by these deadlines will not be able to travel on desired flights"

Asian and African airports have some of the longest pre-departure cutoff times, but the best advice is to always check with the operating carrier, then see if the airport itself has some special requirements.

I'm totally fine with getting to the airport with oodles of time to spare. I was surprised, to say the least, when Flyer Talker provided the link showing Delta's minimum check in time in Dublin of 4 hours ... holy crap! Flying Delta One with Global Entry, we'll just hang out at 51st and Green for a few hours.

This is exactly why I asked prior to booking our tickets, one can never be too careful.