OBC Question Please - Three Cabins

js

Hi.

My dh and I have three cabins booked for our August Allure cruise.

*My dh is in one cabin on paper with my ds's friend (20 years old).

*My dd and her friend are in another cabin.

*My ds (20) and I are listed in another cabin.

Each cabin has OBC from our TA. I would like to wait and purchase at least one drink package while on board using the OBC. If my dh, dd or I purchased the drink package, would it be able to pull the OBC from each cabin if my dh's credit card is listed for each cabin (with the exception of my dd's friend and my ds's friend). I'm thinking since they are under our charges, maybe but really not sure. I understand each person in the cabin over 21 needs to purchase but that is really not my question anyway. Thanks so much!

Thank you.

You can go to Guest Services and move OBC around as you like.

Wow! Thank you. So the first thing I will do is go to Guest Sevices and I can ask them to put my dd cabin and my cabin OBC all on one account? Then it can all be under my dh's account. Then we can purchase the alcohol package with the OBC. Is this all correct?

Thank you so much! I wasnt aware I could do this.

Let me ask you this. My mom's cabin has almost $500 OBC. Could she put $200 OBC with my cabin and my sisters if she wanted, leaving her $100?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! Thank you. So the first thing I will do is go to Guest Sevices and I can ask them to put my dd cabin and my cabin OBC all on one account? Then it can all be under my dh's account. Then we can purchase the alcohol package with the OBC. Is this all correct?

Thank you so much! I wasnt aware I could do this.

Let me ask you this. My mom's cabin has almost $500 OBC. Could she put $200 OBC with my cabin and my sisters if she wanted, leaving her $100?

Thanks.

Yes, you can move the OBC around as you suggested. You should all go to Guest Services to do this.

Please note, you will fill out your online information in order to print out your set sail passes. At that time, you will be offered the option of putting a credit card - and naming those of your group who’s charges will go to that card by linking cabins, if I remember correctly.

The tv may show charges by individual per room, but - should - end up zeroing out and ending up with one persons name, the owner of the charge you provided online.

You don’t need to spend your first hour in line at guest services to make sure the charges go where you want them.

Also, onboard credit may not show up till second day. If you then want to move OBC from your mom, she will need to be with you at guest services.

Should you need one, you can also request a guest pass if you need access to the other family cabin. Came in handy with our grandchildren on one cruise.

Judy

One quick suggestion.. If the OBC is shown on your reservation, it can be applied prior to the cruise. So check Drink Package prices. They've been running good sales off and on for various cruises. For example, our Freedom Cruise in Jan. is offering drink packages for $44 plus gratuity! That won't be available on the ship. So if your OBC is on record, when you purchase the Drink Package it will give you the option of applying OBC. Not sure if that works with TA provided OBC.

How do you folks get that much OBC? I was happy with my $125 but now I feel like a loser. ;p

I book with a TA. It also depends on the cabin you choose.

$125 is nothing to sneeze at but two of my five cabins have $400 OBC each from TA.

If your credit card is listed as the billing method for all the cabins then all those cabins OBC and charges will show up on your statement. We just returned from the Oasis and had three cabins. My AMEX was the billing method. All the OBC was on my account along with the charges for all three cabins. The charges will show on the other persons account, but will then be zeroed out with an equal credit.

If your credit card is listed as the billing method for all the cabins then all those cabins OBC and charges will show up on your statement. We just returned from the Oasis and had three cabins. My AMEX was the billing method. All the OBC was on my account along with the charges for all three cabins. The charges will show on the other persons account, but will then be zeroed out with an equal credit.

Thank you so much!!

So, even if my dh purchased the drink package, the OBC would come off the other cabins for his purchase? One of us (dh, dd or I) will purchase the drink package on bord. We want all the OBC we have over three cabins to be used toward the package charge.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just put deposit down today.

Set up online account (booked through TA)

Not seeing any discount on alcohol package...it's 55 per day in cruise planner.

If there is a sale, I will see it in the cruise planner, right?

Correct.

Thanks!

I am likely too hasty, can't register for the M&M yet, either. I must be speedier than the TA.:*

If the cruise is more than a year away, that would be why you cannot register for the M&M.

Just put deposit down today.

Set up online account (booked through TA)

Not seeing any discount on alcohol package...it's 55 per day in cruise planner.

If there is a sale, I will see it in the cruise planner, right?

Yes and it might not be a bad idea to purchase at that price. Then keep watching and if it goes down cancel and re-purchase.

When we first booked November 2016 the deluxe was $46 at "20% off on board price" Then that went away around July 2017 and the price went to $55 "pre-cruise discount", which turned out to be $3 less than the on board price.