Luggage tag question

I always log in to my account on the cruise ship's website and print my luggage tags. Then fold them and cover them with clear packing tape. I attach them to my suitcases with more clear packing tape when I am ready to take them to the cruise ship. This secures them and makes them water proof.

Good idea, but you can buy Luggage Tag holders specially made for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity that are very strong plastic with metal eyelets and stainless steel hoops with locking device fitted and can be used many times over, on eBay at £6 for 4 tags and Free postage in UK, highly recommended as they prevent tearing, falling off, getting wet and makes it a lot easier for baggage handlers, and saves all the time taping yourself, when on eBay type in cruising luggage tags and it usually appears in first spot. They post world wide at current first class postage rate to that country.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
I always log in to my account on the cruise ship's website and print my luggage tags. Then fold them and cover them with clear packing tape. I attach them to my suitcases with more clear packing tape when I am ready to take them to the cruise ship. This secures them and makes them water proof.

You can purchase proper Tag holders for any cruise ship which stops tearing, falling off, damage etc and makes it easier for baggage handlers and are inexpensive from cruisegadgets.co.uk

Tag holders are also available on Amazon.

I used these last cruise and they worked well. Packed in the cruise bag for next time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNLS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just had a look at them, appear to be an American site and they don't ship to UK. Cruisegadgets.co.uk ship world wide.

• 1 month later...
We are 6 weeks out from our b2b Oasis cruises. Completed all registration/paperwork on RCCL website but can't get to where we print our bag tags. What am I missing here? Never had this issue in all the cruises we have taken!

If all your paperwork is completed and how you will pay is complete, click on the Documentation tab. You will see cruise documentation (your ticket) and Luggage Tags. If all onboard payment and other stuff are marked complete, you should be able to print the tags and your cruise tickets.

If you still can't print, I would call RCI or your TA and let them know.

Good idea, but you can buy Luggage Tag holders specially made for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity that are very strong plastic with metal eyelets and stainless steel hoops with locking device fitted and can be used many times over, on eBay at £6 for 4 tags and Free postage in UK, highly recommended as they prevent tearing, falling off, getting wet and makes it a lot easier for baggage handlers, and saves all the time taping yourself, when on eBay type in cruising luggage tags and it usually appears in first spot. They post world wide at current first class postage rate to that country.

I recently ordered these holders from Amazon and like them. I'll just leave them attached to my luggage and change out the tags every time. I used to print mine on card stock and then laminate them and attach with cable ties. These holders are much better and saves a lot of time.

If all your paperwork is completed and how you will pay is complete, click on the Documentation tab. You will see cruise documentation (your ticket) and Luggage Tags. If all onboard payment and other stuff are marked complete, you should be able to print the tags and your cruise tickets.

If you still can't print, I would call RCI or your TA and let them know.

We are 15 days from boarding Indy and all our paperwork is completed and still cannot print cruise document with luggage tag.

RC say it has been sent to TA who informs us they release all travel documents 7 - 10 days prior to departure, this is our first trip booked via Cruise 1st and probably our last as it has been a nightmare in all aspects, only good thing was the price at the time. We are loyal to Royal and have never experienced anything like it in all the 7 cruises we have had.

Hope this makes you feel better.

Frank

I recently ordered these holders from Amazon and like them. I'll just leave them attached to my luggage and change out the tags every time. I used to print mine on card stock and then laminate them and attach with cable ties. These holders are much better and saves a lot of time.

I agree, they are so simple yet effective and long lasting, we got ours from cruise_gadgets on eBay £6 for 4 including Free P&P in UK.

One tip, if you use the clear luggage tag holders, take the tags out after your cruise. If you leave them in, time and heat can transfer the image from the tag to the holder, making a mess.

Good tip. Another thing we do is to use the tag holders for the departure tags.

I usually do exactly the same thing. Packing tape is the perfect size. But I always have to have some kind of tape at the port, so I broke down and bought some tags on Amazon. 4 for $6.95.

Bought myself a pack of eight as that was all there was available for UK but I only needed 4 so have just put a set of 4 on ebay if any UK cruisers are interested :) they are made by Raqpak and have a little pouch with them xx

Daisy -

Bought myself a pack of eight as that was all there was available for UK but I only needed 4 so have just put a set of 4 on ebay if any UK cruisers are interested :) they are made by Raqpak and have a little pouch with them xx

Daisy -

cruise_gadgets sell in packs of 4 on eBay with Free UK delivery

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNLS/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1508025198&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=Rccl+luggage+tag+holder

The above link is for luggage tag holders for the printed paper tags. I purchased them several years ago and they are wonderful.

Thanks for that, just checked it out and they don't deliver to UK.

For UK customers cruisegadgets.co.uk is still the best, either ordered from their website or through link at Amazon or on eBay (type in luggage tags for cruising and see what suppliers offer). Great quality at a good price with Free 1st class Royal Mail postage. 5*****

Regarding the tag holders from Amazon, they have different sizes for the cruise lines who have the longer luggage tags and the ones that have the shorter ones.

Back to printing the luggage tags question. I found out that you are able to print them at 48 days before your cruise. I thought I had printed mine when final payment and all info was complete, but it was the sample tag that is at the bottom of your Set Sail pass, so I gave incorrect info, I apologize. We have been upgraded three times and I thought I couldn't print because of that so I called. I was told that at 50 days I could print them, but it was actually 48 days before we leave when they were available. Wait for those, they are better.

Frank & Helen, I would call RCI as soon as possible. If you still can't print the "real" ones before you leave, you can print the one at the bottom of the Set Sail pass called the "sample" tag and the porters can give you "real" ones at the terminal.

Regarding the tag holders from Amazon, they have different sizes for the cruise lines who have the longer luggage tags and the ones that have the shorter ones.

Back to printing the luggage tags question. I found out that you are able to print them at 48 days before your cruise. I thought I had printed mine when final payment and all info was complete, but it was the sample tag that is at the bottom of your Set Sail pass, so I gave incorrect info, I apologize. We have been upgraded three times and I thought I couldn't print because of that so I called. I was told that at 50 days I could print them, but it was actually 48 days before we leave when they were available. Wait for those, they are better.

Frank & Helen, I would call RCI as soon as possible. If you still can't print the "real" ones before you leave, you can print the one at the bottom of the Set Sail pass called the "sample" tag and the porters can give you "real" ones at the terminal.

Hi Terre,

Thanks for all your help, already tried all that without success, spoke with RC yesterday and they said its a "behind the scenes problem " and cruise1st have to phone group bookings to rectify. I have now received my documents from Cruise1st but still cannot print luggage tags or cruise booklet. [emoji33] Nightmare travel agent, never again.

I’m having the same problem. I can’t print luggage tags either.

My cruise documents are not ready and I will receive an email when they are ready. I’m 45 days out and want the real tags. Also, I booked through a TA too in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m having the same problem. I can’t print luggage tags either.

My cruise documents are not ready and I will receive an email when they are ready. I’m 45 days out and want the real tags. Also, I booked through a TA too in the UK.

Hi Ned,

We sail in 9 days, you didn't per chance book with cruise 1st.

Hi Ned,

We sail in 9 days, you didn't per chance book with cruise 1st.

No, I booked with a local TA. I’m hoping they will send me the documents through the post so I can use them.

No, I booked with a local TA. I’m hoping they will send me the documents through the post so I can use them.

Latest message from Cruise1st luggage tags & cruise booklet will be available for printing 7 days before departure.

Seven days?! Man, that's too close for me. RCI is the only cruise line that is like this. Every other one we've booked with has tags and docs available as soon as final payment is made. We sail Dec. 4th and I was panicking, but I'd be a basket case if I were you. So sorry.

Latest message from Cruise1st luggage tags & cruise booklet will be available for printing 7 days before departure.

I’ve emailed and asked. It’s exciting getting the luggage tags.