Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Barcelona Hotel recommendations for solo female. Would like nice, clean and safe area with reasonable rates for Nov. 2017 for my first NCL transatlantic.

By the way great rates for NCL Epic from Barcelona to Port Canerval on Nov. 5-18,2017 for solos. I booked inside for $399.00.:confused:

I'm booked for the same cruise Nov 2018. Let me know how it was and any suggestions.

Thanks. Enjoy your trip. I booked my October cruise directly with NCL also. I have been testing the site looking for that great rate. It is ok if it doesn't happen, having enough trouble arranging Copenhagen for October.

Gwen

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My son and I took the Getaway to Copenhagen this past May, it was wonderful but there were a few snags with the excursion due to the ship being larger than the ports were used to handling. NCL made it right though with credits and refunds.

My very first solo cruise on the Carnival Imagination is in just 5 days ( October 8th) I'm Ecstatic and can't wait to relax for a few days !

I soloed that same trip in July this year, lots of fun. Enjoyed the open bus trip around the island and to the Theater on Catalina.

Have Fun

Just booked HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam for a solo trip on November 4th. I've been to all the ports before so it is just more of an R&R trip than anything new and exciting. A week on a cruise ship to anywhere is still better than a week of work anytime. Neil

Anthem of the Seas 2 December 2017 12 Nights Eastern Caribbean My first time on her, but have been on Quantum once...

Norwegian Breakaway 19 January 2018 14 Nights Western Caribbean My fourth time on her, but first time in Studio cabin....really looking forward to enjoying the Studio Lounge....

Anthem of the Seas 2 December 2017 12 Nights Eastern Caribbean My first time on her, but have been on Quantum once...

Norwegian Breakaway 19 January 2018 14 Nights Western Caribbean My fourth time on her, but first time in Studio cabin....really looking forward to enjoying the Studio Lounge....

Hi Bob, thinking of doing the 5 January this winter on the Breakaway

rather than the second 2 weeks. But nothing booked as of yet...

Just dipped my toe in the solo waters. Booked my first solo cruise on Grandeur in April as part of a longer two week trip. Hubby is taking kids to his home country for Easter so it's my opportunity to do a bit of travelling. Like solo travel and have done some shorter city breaks in Europe and two years ago did a solo trip to America. This time with added cruise :-)

Hi Bob, thinking of doing the 5 January this winter on the Breakaway

rather than the second 2 weeks. But nothing booked as of yet...

HIya, Margaret!

Why don't you think about the 19 January cruise, instead? First time in the Western Caribbean for the Breakaway...

Would be great to meet you aboard, again...:)

HIya, Margaret!

Why don't you think about the 19 January cruise, instead? First time in the Western Caribbean for the Breakaway...

Would be great to meet you aboard, again...:)

Hi Bob,

While the date of the 19th is better in a way I am just not a fan

of the western Caribbean ports which is why I am looking at the 5th this year

Hi everyone. Just booked on the HAL Voyage of the Vikings leaving Boston on July 18.

I'm on that one, too. There's a fairly active Roll Call already in progress at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2446680 -- looks like a lively bunch of folks. There are several other "solos" as well.

Lana in Bellingham

Are you doing the full round trip? That cruise has always been on my "bucket list"...will eventually do it....

Welcome to Cruise Critics!:)

Yes, I'm doing the round trip. I'm actually going with my parents as a 3rd person. Couldn't pass up the opportunity!!

I'm on that one, too. There's a fairly active Roll Call already in progress at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2446680 -- looks like a lively bunch of folks. There are several other "solos" as well.

Lana in Bellingham

Hi Lana,

Yes, I'm Jim and Pam's son. Not exactly going "solo" but hope to be doing my own thing on a few occasions!

Rob

Hi Lana,

Yes, I'm Jim and Pam's son. Not exactly going "solo" but hope to be doing my own thing on a few occasions!

Rob

Oh! Of course! I remember you from the roll call. Yes, with the variety of ports there should be ample opportunity for doing ones own thing. Really looking forward to it (part of my master’s thesis covered some aspects of the Icelandic settlements in Newfoundland — music history & literature, 2010 [i went back to school after I retired]). 9 months and counting! [emoji3]

Oh! Of course! I remember you from the roll call. Yes, with the variety of ports there should be ample opportunity for doing ones own thing. Really looking forward to it (part of my master’s thesis covered some aspects of the Icelandic settlements in Newfoundland — music history & literature, 2010 [i went back to school after I retired]). 9 months and counting! [emoji3]

Interesting. I'm actually a classical musician (percussionist), and will be looking to see if there are any places to see/study some traditional music during the trip. I've already found a place in Ireland to take a Bodhran class.

My first time cruising (although I've been on many overnight+ ferries in Europe). A couple of days ago I booked a couple of solo cruises almost back-to-back (to give it a fair chance if one isn't too great).

The first is Norwegian Sun, southern Caribbean Nov 28 from Miami.

After one night ashore in Miami, the second trip is Norwegian Escape, Western Caribbean Dec 9.

Happy to meet up with other solo travellers on either ship!

Robert

First time soloing. Will be on the Carnival Miracle for Thanksgiving - November 18 departure to the Mexican Riviera. Shout out if you are traveling alone as well. Happy to meet and greet.

If you have not already join your roll call you may find some solos there but you will definitely find various people solo or not from your Cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk