Next M.O.B. reunion cruise - let's plan!

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:53 AM.
Victoria BC
8,173 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Hi everyone. Okay, I want to get this forum going again, so I've started a new thread for us to discuss where/when our next M.O.B. reunion cruise will be.

Here are some ideas I'm tossing out - feel free to add your suggestions or comments (I know you will ).

Hawaii cruise - round trip or one way (ie Vancouver to Honolulu). I may be cancelling my Hawaii trip for this September, so eventually I want to do a Hawaii cruise. Lots of sea days, too, so we don't have to pack everything into a couple of days.

Alaska cruise - I love Alaska and would go back at the drop of a hat. I'm hoping to do another one in 2014 and take my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids, but something in 2015 would be good too.

The above 2 also give those of us on the West Coast a break from flying across the country. Let you East Coasters do the long flights.

What about a Transatlantic? I thought of a Mediterranean cruise or Batics cruise, but with them being so port intensive, it wouldn't give us much time for socializing/doing poker crawls, etc. A TA would also allow some to do either a Med cruise before or after the TA or a Caribbean cruise after or before the TA if they wanted.

A Canada/New England cruise - never been on one, so it's on my bucket list.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy
"You're never too old to be young"

"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; To gain all while you give; To roam the roads of lands remote; To travel is to live." - Hans Christian Andersen

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
Suffolk,VA
2,707 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Sandy all of those suggestions sound wonderful. Any of the three would be new to us and Alaska is definitely on our "to do" list.

Hawaii has never been a big priority but if it is a Maniac Reunion we would do it. We will have to keep a close eye out for the 2015 sailing schedules.

Started saving for the next reunion cruise when we stepped off the ship from this one... has proven to be a good habit for us to have.

Well folks - chime right in and lets keep on chatting - still a whole lot of cruising for us to do.

Updates from the other boards-

Morgan doing better - on antibiotics for bronchitis
Lynn - home safely (with snow flurries - sorry Lynn)
Kitty - luggage was found and being returned
Sandy - feeling better
and I am feeling better also.
Sorry for any info I missed or neglected to pass on - didn't write it all down and "senior moments" have set in.

Guess I'd better try to get some of this work done now - desk is piled high!

Ya'll be blessed cruisesisters and brothers!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Summerfield, Florida
7,295 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Originally posted by Poomah
Sandy all of those suggestions sound wonderful. Any of the three would be new to us and Alaska is definitely on our "to do" list.

Hawaii has never been a big priority but if it is a Maniac Reunion we would do it. We will have to keep a close eye out for the 2015 sailing schedules.

Started saving for the next reunion cruise when we stepped off the ship from this one... has proven to be a good habit for us to have.

Well folks - chime right in and lets keep on chatting - still a whole lot of cruising for us to do.

Updates from the other boards-

Morgan doing better - on antibiotics for bronchitis
Lynn - home safely (with snow flurries - sorry Lynn)
Kitty - luggage was found and being returned
Sandy - feeling better
and I am feeling better also.
Sorry for any info I missed or neglected to pass on - didn't write it all down and "senior moments" have set in.

Guess I'd better try to get some of this work done now - desk is piled high!

Ya'll be blessed cruisesisters and brothers!

Gary and I are both feeling better, although we both still have a cough. Happy to hear that Morgan is doing better, Lynn is home safe and sound and kitty's luggage was found.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

"Life is too short. So, love the people who treat you right. Forget the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason!"

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." (Albert Einstein)

Carnival Sunshine -10/15
Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Carnival Miracle - 01/11 B2B 02/11
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 5/16
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09
Carnival Miracle - 9/07
Carnival Spirit - 10/06
Norwegian Wind - 3/05
Norwegian Sun - 2/04
Norwegian Sky - 2/03
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Leeward
Splendor of the Seas
Zenith
Olympia
Homeric
Atlantic
Doric
Franconia
5,638 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by Luckysll
Hi everyone. Okay, I want to get this forum going again, so I've started a new thread for us to discuss where/when our next M.O.B. reunion cruise will be.

Here are some ideas I'm tossing out - feel free to add your suggestions or comments (I know you will ).

Hawaii cruise - round trip or one way (ie Vancouver to Honolulu). I may be cancelling my Hawaii trip for this September, so eventually I want to do a Hawaii cruise. Lots of sea days, too, so we don't have to pack everything into a couple of days.

Alaska cruise - I love Alaska and would go back at the drop of a hat. I'm hoping to do another one in 2014 and take my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids, but something in 2015 would be good too.

The above 2 also give those of us on the West Coast a break from flying across the country. Let you East Coasters do the long flights.

What about a Transatlantic? I thought of a Mediterranean cruise or Batics cruise, but with them being so port intensive, it wouldn't give us much time for socializing/doing poker crawls, etc. A TA would also allow some to do either a Med cruise before or after the TA or a Caribbean cruise after or before the TA if they wanted.

A Canada/New England cruise - never been on one, so it's on my bucket list.
The round trip Hawaii has lot of sea days for us Maniacs
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tracy

My trips.
Disneyland 2001, 2006, 2010
Disney World 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008
Universal Studios Hollywood 2001
Universal Studios Orl. 2003, 2005
Knotts Berry Farm 2001
Sea World Orl. 2003
Vegas Sep. 2010, Nov. 2011, Aug. 2012, May 2014
Mount Rushmore June 2003(Drove through Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Alberta)

IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE
Click to see what ship to where.
Reno Nevada
1,603 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
We would love Hawaii , in Ft Lauderdale airport we have both had enough of crowds and teenagers for a while .
Seems Legend is having problems now sad for CCL.
Summerfield, Florida
7,295 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
I would love to convince Gary to go to Hawaii! I've been there but he hasn't!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

"Life is too short. So, love the people who treat you right. Forget the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason!"

Carnival Sunshine -10/15
Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09
Carnival Miracle - 9/07
Carnival Spirit - 10/06
Norwegian Wind - 3/05
Norwegian Sun - 2/04
Norwegian Sky - 2/03
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Leeward
Splendor of the Seas
Zenith
Olympia
Homeric
Atlantic
Doric
Franconia
Summerfield, Florida
7,295 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Welcome back Breeze Cruisers. Hope you all had a great time on the second leg of your vacation!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

Carnival Sunshine -10/15
Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09
Carnival Miracle - 9/07
Carnival Spirit - 10/06
Norwegian Wind - 3/05
Norwegian Sun - 2/04
Norwegian Sky - 2/03
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Leeward
Splendor of the Seas
Zenith
Olympia
Homeric
Atlantic
Doric
Franconia
5,638 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Originally posted by DUCHESSRN
We would love Hawaii , in Ft Lauderdale airport we have both had enough of crowds and teenagers for a while .
Seems Legend is having problems now sad for CCL.
Originally posted by kparker
I would love to convince Gary to go to Hawaii! I've been there but he hasn't!
Would love it if Carnival would sail out of Vancouver so we could do a fire and ice cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tracy

My trips.
Knotts Berry Farm 2001
Sea World Orl. 2003
Mount Rushmore June 2003(Drove through Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Alberta)

Victoria BC
8,173 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by tracyvansmith
Would love it if Carnival would sail out of Vancouver so we could do a fire and ice cruise.
Well, Disney is coming back to Vancouver, who knows...maybe Carnival will do the same. I never managed to do a fire and ice (so far, only the "ice" part ), so I'd definitely be up for that one.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; To gain all while you give; To roam the roads of lands remote; To travel is to live." - Hans Christian Andersen

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
5,638 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Well, Disney is coming back to Vancouver, who knows...maybe Carnival will do the same. I never managed to do a fire and ice (so far, only the "ice" part ), so I'd definitely be up for that one.
I seen Dinsey just anounced their new alaska dates and I was happy to see they were back to sailing out of Vancouver.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tracy

My trips.
Knotts Berry Farm 2001
Sea World Orl. 2003

Summerfield, Florida
7,295 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Originally posted by tracyvansmith
Would love to do Fire and Ice as well. There was once this May on Royal Caribbean Line....fly to Hawaii...cruise the islands...sail from Hawaii to BC (Vancouver) and then it did an Alaskan Cruise. Would have loved to have been able to swing that one.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

Carnival Sunshine -10/15
Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09
Carnival Miracle - 9/07
Carnival Spirit - 10/06
Norwegian Wind - 3/05
Norwegian Sun - 2/04
Norwegian Sky - 2/03
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Leeward
Splendor of the Seas
Zenith
Olympia
Homeric
Atlantic
Doric
Franconia
Redding, CA
10,224 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Hi All,

Home and digging out. At least unpacked and doing laundry.

Although we said we would not do Hawaii again, we also never say never so if the Maniacs plan for 2015, we'd do it! And of course the fact that it would be the Miracle, unless they do send the Miracle to Australia, would make it a Maniac bonus!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Annie
5/03 Spirit Alaska...12/04 Miracle Western Caribbean...9/06 Victory NE & Canada...1/07 Paradise Baja...4/07 Spirit Hawaii...5/07 Spirit Alaska...11/07 Valor Western Caribbean...12/07 Paradise Baja, CA...1/08 Spirit Mexican Riviera...3/09 Pride Panama Canal...5/09 Splendor Pacific Northwest...9/09 Spirit Hawaii...1/10 Splendor Mexican Riviera...4/10 NCL Spirit NOLA to Boston...4/10 Carnival Elation Panama Canal...6/10 Carnival Spirit Alaska...10/10 NCL Spirit Boston to New Orleans... 1/11 Carnival Miracle So. Caribbean...2/11 Carnival Miracle So. Caribbean...4/11 Carnival Spirit Hawaii...10/11 Carnival Magic Mediterranean...10/11 Carnival Magic Transatlantic...4/12 Carnival Spirit...Northwest...9/12 Carnival Spirit...Transpacific to Sydney...10/12 Dawn Princess...New Zealand 3/13 Carnival Breeze...B2B Eastern Caribbean, 9/13 Carnival Legend...B2B Northern Europe and British Isles, 1/6/14 Carnival Imagination Caribbean, 1/10/14 Carnival Imagination...Panama Canal, 8/14 Carnival Legend...TP to Sydney, 11/14 Carnival Liberty...Caribbean, 9/15 Carnival Miracle...Mexico, 10/15 & 11/15 Carnival Triumph...B2B Caribbean Journey...1/16 Carnival Miracle, Mexico, Carnival Inspiration...9/16 Mexico, 10/16 Carnival Vista TA

Future Cruises

2/17 Carnival Pride...Journeys PC, Caribbean4/17 Carnival Miracle...B2B Mexican Riviera
9/17 Carnival Miracle...Journeys Alaska
1/18 Carnival Miracle...B2B Mexico & Journey Panama Canal

Words To Live By:

Make Memories, Not Regrets.
Convenience and Safety Trump Cost.
Do Life, Love, Travel.
Laissez les Bon temps rouler

Las Vegas, NV
1,102 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Hi everyone! Well, it's been a week since we got back and I think I'm finally over East-Coast time!! I've been so tired at night!

Just thought you'd all enjoy knowing that Ron and I booked the Carnival Conquest out of Miami on Feb 23, 2014--W, Carib and 3 ports we've never been to.

But, first, we now get to start really thinking about our Sept 1 cruise out of Dover, England. So excited about that! We're pretty well booked for everything---just have to start investigating excursions soon.

So, hope al is well and those that came home sick are recovering fast!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carn Conquest, May '17
CCL VISTA, E. Carib., Jan '17
Norw. Epic, W. Mediterranean, Aug '15
Carnival PRIDE, W. Carib, Feb '15
Celebrity Century, Mex Riviera, May '14
Carnival Legend, N. Europe, Sept '13
Carnival Breeze, E. Carib, Mar '13
Carnival Pride, Panama Canal Transit, Mar '09
Carnival Elation, Mexico, Oct '08
Carnival Valor, E. Carib, May '07
Victoria BC
8,173 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Did a quick search and found an NCL cruise for May 2014 that, if offered in 2015, might be a good one for the Maniacs. Not quite a "fire and ice", but it's longer than a regular Alaska cruise.

It's a 13 day, Pacific Coastal and Alaska on Norwegian Sun. From LA to Vancouver, with ports of call: San Francisco, Astoria, Victoria, Vancouver, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
Summerfield, Florida
7,295 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Did a quick search and found an NCL cruise for May 2014 that, if offered in 2015, might be a good one for the Maniacs. Not quite a "fire and ice", but it's longer than a regular Alaska cruise.

It's a 13 day, Pacific Coastal and Alaska on Norwegian Sun. From LA to Vancouver, with ports of call: San Francisco, Astoria, Victoria, Vancouver, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan.
I sure would like to do the Fire portion as well as Alaska. However, that's just my personal opinion. I've never been super excited about going to Alaska. I know it's beautiful and I'd probably love it, but I'm a warmer weather person for sure. If I could have a little of each, that would be ideal for me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

Carnival Sunshine -10/15
Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09
Carnival Miracle - 9/07
Carnival Spirit - 10/06
Norwegian Wind - 3/05
Norwegian Sun - 2/04
Norwegian Sky - 2/03
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Leeward
Splendor of the Seas
Zenith
Olympia
Homeric
Atlantic
Doric
Franconia
10,813 Posts
Joined Jul 2005

Sounds good. Would be interested.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lynn
Cunard, 70s; RCCL: 70s, 80s, 1995 Song of America-Bermuda, 2005 Adventure of the Seas Southern and Eastern Caribbean, 2008 Explorer of the Seas Motorcycle cruise-Bermuda and Caribbean, 2010 Rhapsody of the Seas-Sydney Australia to French Polynesia to Hawaii, 2013 Grandeur of the Seas-cruise to nowhere; HAL: 2004 Zaandam-Caribbean; Princess: Caribbean Princess 2004-Eastern Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2008-Canada, 2015 Grand Princess-Alaska land and sea, Coral Princess 2017 Partial Panama Canal cruise; Norwegian: 2014 Breakaway-Bermuda, 2014 Gem-Florida and Bahamas, 2016 Sky-Bahamas, 2017 Gem-Canada; MSC: 2014 MSC Divina - Western Caribbean; Carnival: 2006 Miracle Exotic Western Caribbean, 2007 Spirit Hawaii, 2009 Pride-Panama Canal and Inspiration -Cozumel, 2010 Destiny-Grand Cayman and Jamaica, 2011 Miracle B2B - Exotic Southern Caribbean, Glory-Canada, Glory-Cruise to Nowhere, Ecstasy-Bahamas/Half Moon Cay, 2012 Liberty-2.0 upgrades Western Caribbean, Glory- Canada, Miracle-Bahamas and Port Canaveral, 2013 Carnival Freedom-Western Caribbean and Key West, Carnival Breeze-Eastern and Southern Caribbean, Carnival Sunshine- Transatlantic Barcelona to New Orleans, Carnival Splendor-Pt Canaveral and Bahamas, 2014 Carnival Pride-Pt. Canaveral and Bahamas, Carnival Legend-Western Caribbean, Carnival Freedom-B2B, Western Caribbean and Key West, and part 2 Eastern Caribbean. 2015 Carnival Liberty-Western Caribbean, Carnival Ecstasy-Key West and Cozumel, Carnival Pride-Pt. Canaveral and Bahamas, Carnival Splendor- Canada and New England, Carnival Triumph-B2B Journeys cruises Oct and Nov Southern Caribbean and more, 2016 Carnival Fantasy-Bahamas, Carnival Pride-Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport, Carnival Vista last Med and Transatlantic, 2017 Carnival Conquest-Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Carnival Pride- Repo cruise Tampa to Baltimore via Panama Canal , Carnival Miracle 14 day RT Alaska Sept 2017. Fathom Cruise Line: 2016 Fathom Adonia Amber Cove DR
Victoria BC
8,173 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Thought I'd add that the 13 day coastal is sort of a B2B. There's the 6 days from LA to Vancouver, then a 7 day Alaska round trip from Vancouver. So for those Maniacs who can't do a 13 day, you could do the 7 day Alaska cruise portion.

I also made the mistake of continuing to look at the NCL cruises. They have some that are East coast/Panama Canal/West Coast/Alaska all in one! Anywhere from 13 to 37 days depending on where you start and end! The 37 day one starts in Miami, does a one week Western Caribbean cruise, followed by the Panama Canal and the West Coast and then finishes with an Alaskan cruise! Now that's really a fire and ice!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
NCL - 2 cruises
HAL - 1 cruise
RCCL - 1 cruise
Carnival - 17 cruises
5,638 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Thought I'd add that the 13 day coastal is sort of a B2B. There's the 6 days from LA to Vancouver, then a 7 day Alaska round trip from Vancouver. So for those Maniacs who can't do a 13 day, you could do the 7 day Alaska cruise portion.

I also made the mistake of continuing to look at the NCL cruises. They have some that are East coast/Panama Canal/West Coast/Alaska all in one! Anywhere from 13 to 37 days depending on where you start and end! The 37 day one starts in Miami, does a one week Western Caribbean cruise, followed by the Panama Canal and the West Coast and then finishes with an Alaskan cruise! Now that's really a fire and ice!
I did not notice that the 13 day one was also offered as two, that is good.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tracy

My trips.
Knotts Berry Farm 2001
Sea World Orl. 2003

Summerfield, Florida
7,295 Posts
Joined Nov 2003

Now the NCL cruise sounds like a winner, although, I'm not sure I could survive 37 days on a cruise! My digestive system would be severely affected I think LOL!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

Carnival Sunshine -10/15
Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09