Information On Solo On Windstar

elklemi

I am booked in December solo on Wind Surf and this if my first time on Windstar. Have only Been on main cruise lines and looking forward to experience a smaller ship and islands that larger ships do not visit but am not sure how solo's fit in on Windstar. This will be a new experience for me and have found little info so hoping someone has experience this situation and can give their experience.

I am booked in December solo on Wind Surf and this if my first time on Windstar. Have only Been on main cruise lines and looking forward to experience a smaller ship and islands that larger ships do not visit but am not sure how solo's fit in on Windstar. This will be a new experience for me and have found little info so hoping someone has experience this situation and can give their experience.

Hi, hope you have a great time. I keep looking at them to sail.:) I know this is the solo board but I would suggest posting

this on the Windstar forum too. The folks over there are usually quite helpful:)

• 1 month later...

I have sailed windstar a few times but never as a solo. They are great ships with great itineraries and above average food. People onboard are generally very friendly so if you can meet people fairly easily I'm sure you will have an excellent time. There is not a lot of nightly entertainment and no "solo activities" that I know of, but the smaller footprint makes for easier interaction between guests.

Hope that helps a little?

• 2 months later...

I've been on two Windstar cruises as a solo and had a fabulous time! People are very friendly and due to the small size of the ships you will see them often. I suggest asking the Dining room manager to seat you at a large table where they will seat other people. Many of them are solo, or they will be people interested in making new friends..... on both cruises, my tablemates and I dined together for the rest of the cruise. You will love the Wind Surf!

I haven't sailed solo on Windstar yet. Some years ago, I was going to go solo when the cruise didn't interest my husband, but when a friend heard about the cruise she wanted to go along to so we shared a cabin. There was a gay couple in the next cabin and we ended up going to dinner with them every evening and sometimes we went together ashore.

I've generally found people on Windstar ships to be friendly.

I have solo back-to-back cruises coming up, but they will be in May after your cruise. I've been wanting to do an ocean crossing and that doesn't interest my husband at all, so I'll be solo on the Japan and North Pacific cruise followed by the first Alaska cruise next year. I think that the ocean crossings are often lightly loaded, so I don't know if I'll find others to dine with, but I guess I'm okay either way.